X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Turner Classics Has Godzilla Fridays Through October

On top of the Horror Classics on Thursdays, TCM has Godzilla as The Monster of the Month. 17 Classics from the Showa Era.

http://www.tcm.com/godzilla

Link to PDF schedule of movies
    https://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM...edule_2019.pdf
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Such a cool line up!
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I'll definitely catch a few of these big G movies, although I'm curious to know why they skipped King Kong vs Godzilla?
      wonder if they will show them English dubbed or Japanese language with subtitles?

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

^TCM has the new Sony/Toho license which made the Criterion set possible. KKvG is still split rights with Universal. I think Frankenstein Conquers The World is now technically co-owned by Universal via Dreamworks. I know KK Escapes is co-owned by Rankin-Bass, so that's either Universal or WB.

What the split means is the American studio has ownership of stateside distribution. TCM could have gotten it, but those three haven't been shown on cable since the Turner Monstervision days.

TCM should be showing the new dubbed versions. Toho has been trying to lock-in the international release versions for about twenty years.
        Last edited by hedrap; Oct 3, '19, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Gonna have some tacos tonight, in front of the tube, for "Godzilla". Probably will bed down to watch "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!".

DVR is set for the other 3 because I like my sleeps. Even on a Friday night. In some ways, I'm reverting back to a middle-schooler in middle-age and that includes "bedtimes".

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Are these commercial free?
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

TCM is always commercial free.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Criterion Collection. Very nice.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Watched about half of the Burr version the other night, it looked great!
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'd never seen the original Japanese version until last week--I really enjoyed it.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Watched about half of the Burr version the other night, it looked great!
                      I always watch '54 and '56 back to back. It's interesting to see two takes on the same film. An Eastern, then Western perspective.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• glimpy
                        Loco Chango
                        • Feb 5, 2012

I'm watching every freaking horror movie I can on every channel that's showing them
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎