X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Question re: Mego heads

Hi, just a question regarding Mego heads (and I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I am still somewhat new when it comes to customizing).

So far, the customs I have made have included hard heads like the type crafted by My Face on a Figure. With these, I have found the best way to put the head onto the body is to widen the neck hole on the body with a drill or knife just enough to force the head into place.

However, I have ordered some actual Mego heads for future customs and am wondering what the easiest and best way of putting them onto the bodies would be. Is it best to submerge the neck peg into boiled water to soften it up and then push it into the hole? Or, is there a better way of getting results?

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Softened in hot water is the best for Mego heads.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks... does the water have to be boiling or will hot water from the tap be sufficient to soften the head?
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I always boil the water.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Me, too.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎