X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Cotswolds updating The Intruders

They're working with Louco Por Bonecos to do an updated version of the Intruders. Here's a link to the Invader Warrior:https://www.gijoeelite.com/Invader-W...fit-Set-Silver

Also on the website is an outfit for an Invader Officer. Not shown is the Commander.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's so cool

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I just completed my custom version a few weeks ago with a Hobbycrash Geyper muscle-body, a vintage Intruder Warrior head, and a mix of the new Invader copper & silver uniforms.

So much fun, he turned out great. Added a raygun, too. I love Cotswold.

Next up: 1/6 combo of Super Joe's Luminos and The Shield.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 30, '19, 8:58 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

You can see the original in the face. Cots is keeping the heart of 1/6 Joe beating.
        Mortui Vivos Docent
        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Godzilla
          Cots is keeping the heart of 1/6 Joe beating.
          Agreed!

Excellent customer service, too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not sure how to feel about these. It seems they are too far removed from the original concept. I think full outfits are going too far, and they should have bare limbs at the very least. The whole "strong men from another world" theme is not reflected in the new versions. His outfit is a sci-fi style strongman outfit. The new one doesn't have the right feel...
            I see why people would like it, though.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Got their catalog yesterday in the mail and saw these (had sen a quick picture of one of the Joe outfits, but didn't know where it had come from). Really tempting, but expensive for everything. Knowing Cotswold is behind it makes it more attractive, though; gotten a few things from them over the years (most recently the jumpsuit and hands I used to put one of my original Joes back together), and have always had a good experience.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I like my custom version--the pygmy originals were more fun with Megos and Big Jim than Joes IMO.

Using a vintage head makes him sufficiently troglodytic.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎