Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snapshots of yourself with comic books, toys, costumes, etc...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Pix Kid
    • Feb 27, 2019

Snapshots of yourself with comic books, toys, costumes, etc...

Hi gang,

I collect pre-1980 comic-related snapshots. Kids reading comics, kids playing with Megos, kids in superhero t-shirts, people dressed like superheroes, etc.

If anyone has old comic-related pix of themselves, I'd love to see them and perhaps make a solid offer.

Thanks for considering...

Cheers, Ivan
  • DaniellePlaysWithToys
    Youngest Mego Fan
    • Aug 30, 2019

I probably have myself in a Batgirl costume, but that was like 2015.
    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

If you don't mind me asking...Why are you 'Paying' for these pictures? ...is there some 'Legal' reason?
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Comic Pix Kid
        • Feb 27, 2019

Hi WannabeMego,

I'd much prefer to accept the pix as donations! But in my experience, people simply won't part with them without cash trading hands. Like I mentioned, I'm only interested in vintage original photographic prints, not scans or later printings, and old photos have great sentimental value for many people. They generally won't fork 'em over without the incentive of cash money!

I've been collecting vintage, original comic-related photos for almost 20 years. I'm pretty much the only serious collector of these things (I know this because I'm almost always the only bidder on online auctions). I've got over 1000 examples dating back to the 1880s. I'm totally obsessed with them.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

There's a public group on facebook called, Ephemera - Vintage Paper Buy Sell Trade, and someone there is always selling old vintage snapshots from all occasions including Halloween.
          halloween.jpg

Comment

• Comic Pix Kid
            • Feb 27, 2019

Great tip, thanks Ronnie! I'll join the group pronto.

Comment

• Comic Pix Kid
              • Feb 27, 2019

I just scored a nice Mego pic! I'd share but is it possible to upload images without using a host (like Photobucket)? Can't I just directly upload images here?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Comic Pix Kid
                I just scored a nice Mego pic! I'd share but is it possible to upload images without using a host (like Photobucket)? Can't I just directly upload images here?
                No the image uploader doesn't work.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

postimage.org is free unlike photobucket
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I upload photos direct here all the time, just uploaded a few yesterday

Comment

• Comic Pix Kid
                      • Feb 27, 2019

Can I upload pix without using a URL? I just found a great vintage Mego snapshot I'd like to share.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Can I upload pix without using a URL? I just found a great vintage Mego snapshot I'd like to share.
                        It should give you the option of uploading from the computer. It's working fine now .
                        IMG_20190331_130015123.jpg

Comment

• WannabeMego
                          Made in the USA
                          • May 2, 2003

...so let me rephrase this another way...

If I were to 'Sell' you My Original Picture of Me with My Comics and/or Toys (Pre-80's)...You could 'Theoretically' do what you want with the Photo's...
                          • You could save & enjoy them as a Collector
                          • You could create a Website to Display & Share those Photos

...but...You could also, 'theoretically':
                          • re-sell those photos...or...
                          • compile them into a book...or...
                          • make them available for sale/lease as stock photos

...without asking me if I was OK with it (since it's My Image on those Photos) or even compensating me for any perpetual income that may arise from a Book and/or publishing & marketing usages.

Kinda like what Marvel & DC did to their Artists & Creators...I paid you for it, so it is mine to do with what I want.

Just so I'm clear...if that is what is meant when asking for these things, that is fine...as long as that is explained upfront and not after the fact.

Just Sayin'
                          Last edited by WannabeMego; Oct 18, '19, 10:15 PM. Reason: Formating
                          Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

yeah. its just a little weird to pay for photos of us. it seems like there are endless photos of people inline that fit the request. if for a personal collection, all anyone needs to do is search and browse the inter webs. it is probably a completely genuine request. just weird. a thread that left out the solid offer would have gone over better.

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                            ...so let me rephrase this another way...If I were to 'Sell' you My Original Picture of Me with My Comics and/or Toys (Pre-80's)...You could 'Theoretically' do what you want with the Photo's...- You could save & enjoy them as a Collector- You could create a Website to Display & Share those Photos...but...You could also, 'theoretically':- re-sell those photos...or...- compile them into a book...or...- make them available for sale/lease as stock photos...without asking me if I was OK with it (since it's My Image on those Photos) or even compensating me for any perpetual income that may arise from a Book and/or publishing & marketing usages.Kinda like what Marvel & DC did to their Artists & Creators...I paid you for it, so it is mine to do with what I want.Just so I'm clear...if that is what is meant when asking for these things, that is fine...as long as that is explained upfront and not after the fact.Just Sayin'

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎