X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Mego Star Trek

Who would like them to make 8" Mego figures based off Star Trek: The Motion Picture so we can add Kirk, Spock and all the regulars in those grey pyjama uniforms? It could also lead to the addition of new figures such as Stephen Collins' Commander Decker.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I think they should move on from Kirk and Spock.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I don't see them making Decker. I don't think anyone wants to give Stephen Collins money, or be associated with him.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like to see them concentrate on the original series and make some more characters. I'd like Kirk and Spock to be retired for at least a year or two. I'd like more aliens and foes. I'd like more crew to be reproduced, and get alternate outfits.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I too would like to see Kirk and Spock retired for a while in favor of new original series aliens, crew members and female characters.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
            • Oct 15, 2018

I'd like to see them do some of the crew in TMP outfits plus Ilia, the bald gal. I had a strange attraction to her as a boy Lol.

Comment

• Gabriel
              • Aug 23, 2019

I'd definitely like a Kirk in his TMP Admiral uniform. I've always thought the grey and white Admiral uniform looked sharp.

I'd be curious to see what a figure of Ilia in her signature bathrobe and heels looked like. But I have a feeling it would be iffy at best.

Beyond that, I can't say I'm sure I would bite on any TMP figures. And I don't hate the uniforms. I actually like TMP.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I would like to see figures based on TMP but I'd prefer Original Series versions of McCoy and Scotty first. More figures from The Wrath of Khan would be good.

I agree that a Decker figure seems unlikely. A TMP Klingon would be nice.
                Last edited by phil; Sep 27, '19, 5:59 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Those outfits from the first movie sure look comfortable.

I’d think these would look cool with the WOK heads.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

I wouldn't want Kirk and Spock retired till we get a classic gold shirt and Kirk and Spock in environmental suits and from amk time .

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                      Banned
                      • Jan 24, 2009

I don't think Kirk and Spock should be retired at all, I just think they should add a couple more Star Trek figures in addition to a Kirk and Spock variant in each wave since those two sell very well. McCoy, Scotty in TOS uniforms, screen accurate Klingon, Female Romulan commander are a few I would like but I would take Kirk and Spock variants in each wave.
                      Last edited by VulcanFanatic; Sep 27, '19, 7:57 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I guess technically you could make a custom of Kirk in his grey pajamas from TMP, wouldn't be to hard.

If your going to retire Kirk and Spock or just put them on the back burner for now, I would like to first finally
                        get Kirk in gold federation shirt.

As far as more new Mego Trek, then (yes) I agree more aliens/villains, along with Scotty in red federation shirt
                        and in his dress kilt uniform, also Dr. McCoy in short sleeve medical shirt and of course Klingon's maybe Kor
                        for starters and a correct looking Mugato and Talosian, these i would buy in a heart beat.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 5, 2018

The need to finish out the WoK crew. For good measure stick a TOS Scotty head in with WoK Scotty so people can finish the TOS crew. I think McCoy would sell in his shiny Sickbay shirt, then I'd like to see all three screen accurate Klingons and the female Romulan Commander.

Be nice to get the DS9 crew as well

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

ST:TMP offers lots of different uniform possibilities and potential variant figures. Since WOK has been started I really hope they continue it. A Captain Sulu from The Undiscoverd Country would be a simple figure to make but I suspect we will have to kitbash it instead.

TOS McCoy in the short sleeve shirt would be great.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 23, 2019

I would also love to see a reissue of the Mission to Gamma VI playset.
                              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎