Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filmation's Shazam! Blu Ray Release Oct 8th!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I really haven’t seen it since the 70’s, but loved it back then. So this might be for me.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

(Oops, wrong thread.)
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 25, '19, 5:33 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Treadwell
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 31, 2018

This is one of those things that I'm not interested in enough to own, but LOVE the fact that this was done!

I'm very pleasantly surprised that the original elements still exist. I've heard horror stories of when Hallmark owned the Filmation material, they had all the old film transferred to video tape (PAL format) and destroyed the film (which is why several other Filmation DVD releases don't look too hot). I guess because this was a licensed property, the license owner retained ownership of the materials (like Paramount with animated Star Trek). Good thing!

Comment

• stars
          • Jul 4, 2010

Originally posted by Makernaut
          ^ Thanks for including that youtube link for Restoring Shazam, stars. Interesting clip.

"It's kind of neat to be able to leave these beloved properties and titles a little better than you found them."
          Very welcome. I wasn't aware until this video how some of the cleaning up processes were achieved. I have heard that Warners now has the rights to Filmation's Tarzan series. I would love a blu ray version of that show.

Comment

• stars
            • Jul 4, 2010

Originally posted by Treadwell
            This is one of those things that I'm not interested in enough to own, but LOVE the fact that this was done!

I'm very pleasantly surprised that the original elements still exist. I've heard horror stories of when Hallmark owned the Filmation material, they had all the old film transferred to video tape (PAL format) and destroyed the film (which is why several other Filmation DVD releases don't look too hot). I guess because this was a licensed property, the license owner retained ownership of the materials (like Paramount with animated Star Trek). Good thing!
            I agree. This wasn't a show I ever expected to make it to the blu ray format, although realistically this happened owing to the release of the recent Shazam film. However, it would be great if other Saturday morning shows from this era appeared on blu ray. In the case of Shazam, the moral end segments were only thought to exist from vhs recordings so to have pristine film copies of these elements is outstanding. Hopefully, the Hallmark rumour isn't as true as we were lead to believe.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Treadwell

a side story here. At the last comic con I went to ( 2016), Sid Krofft told me, when I asked, "How come there isn't a LOST SAUCER complete set dvd?" He said embarrassingly, that the most of the tapes for the Lost Saucer were lost and only a handful of episodes were available.

Damn, as campy as the show was, I liked it.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 5, 2015

the moral end segments were only thought to exist from vhs recordings so to have pristine film copies of these elements is outstanding.
                Holy Moley you are so right. When I saw in the AMAZING YouTube video that the moral segments were not just found but in the shape they are in...my mouth dropped to the floor. Well, I guess I need to buy a Blu-Ray DVD player.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎