Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filmation's Shazam! Blu Ray Release Oct 8th!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stars
    • Jul 4, 2010

Filmation's Shazam! Blu Ray Release Oct 8th!

Nice to see that the 1970s Shazam tv show is coming to blu ray on October 8th from Warner Archives. if the restoration video on youtube is anything to go by, the episodes look amazing and the cover has some beautiful Jerry Ordway artwork! Here's the Amazon link:

Last edited by stars; Sep 24, '19, 12:54 PM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The restored episodes are up on the DC Universe streaming app as well. They look FANTASTIC. SOOO much better than the DVD set that came out years ago.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• stars
      • Jul 4, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      The restored episodes are up on the DC Universe streaming app as well. They look FANTASTIC. SOOO much better than the DVD set that came out years ago.

Chris
      Absolutely, Chris, and there was no way that I expected to see the tv show on blu ray. Real shame that DC doesn't have the rights to Isis, although the Shazam crossover episodes with Isis are included. Link below is for the youtube video on restoring Shazam. Interesting to hear that Warners have all the different elements of the show. I wonder if this includes out takes? Because it is a Warner Archive release, I can't imagine that there would be anything extra included. Anyway, for anyone interested, the youtube restoration link is below.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

^ Thanks for including that youtube link for Restoring Shazam, stars. Interesting clip.

"It's kind of neat to be able to leave these beloved properties and titles a little better than you found them."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Wow, you can really see young Batson's razor stubble! He really looks old with the high definition print.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Holy cow, it looks great! Very exciting for fans of the series.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Yeah, I'll be getting it. I love the series!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for that link, it looks wonderful. I need a new TV and blu-ray player...
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I hope I can play them on my laptop. Hmmm.....

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Really enjoyed that YouTube video
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

This is just so fantastic...the restoration is beautiful.

I really wish Marvel/Disney would do the same with The Incredible Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man. I simply cannot fathom why they ignore all their classic TV properties...even their animated shows. I'd love an official release of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends sometime this century, and I'd pay anything to see Nicholas Hammond as Spidey in HD. Sigh...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        This is just so fantastic...the restoration is beautiful.

I really wish Marvel/Disney would do the same with The Incredible Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man. I simply cannot fathom why they ignore all their classic TV properties...even their animated shows. I'd love an official release of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends sometime this century, and I'd pay anything to see Nicholas Hammond as Spidey in HD. Sigh...
                        I’m completely onboard with you on all three! All would be fantastic to see in high def. I was a big fan of each series when they originally aired. I guess I have not seen Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends since then. I have seen the other two more recently and still loved them.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

This looks gorgeous but i barely ever watched the DVD set I bought so I can't see myself double dipping on the set. I am really happy it's being preserved, in the 1980s I tried desperately to find this and Ark 2. One video dealer actually told me that they had all been wiped and were gone forever, glad he was wrong!
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                            This looks gorgeous but i barely ever watched the DVD set I bought so I can't see myself double dipping on the set. I am really happy it's being preserved, in the 1980s I tried desperately to find this and Ark 2. One video dealer actually told me that they had all been wiped and were gone forever, glad he was wrong!
                            There is much left that hasn't been found due to wiping, 90% of the first season of the AVENGERS and early Doctor Who come to mind. The selling point on this set is all the moral tags were found and restored. I've seen every episode twice so I'll pass as well.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I do desire this because of the quality, but I'm not a connoisseur as some here and I did enjoy the dvd set.

What I really want is the Green Hornet and ElectraWoman & DynaGirl on home media.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 25, '19, 1:04 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎