Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where No Man Has Gone Before

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images
    Blog Entries

Where No Man Has Gone Before

A little WIP. I need to paint the blue shirt's head and I'm waiting on Gary's head in the mail. Haven't started Gary's lady friend yet.

These are all Playmates shrinks/clothes mods with the exception of Spock - his Playmates look didn't fit as well as Mego.

These are neat, I really like the playmates shirts from those pilot episodes, looking forward to seeing Mitchell and
    who is the blue shirt going to be?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    These are neat, I really like the playmates shirts from those pilot episodes, looking forward to seeing Mitchell and
    who is the blue shirt going to be?
    The old guy, I can never remember his name. Mr. Leslie is also done, but off camera.

Playmates really nailed the colors on these uniform shirts, and I love these conversions you are doing. I think you are prepping a Dr. Piper played by actor Paul Fix, and Dr. Dehner played by Sally Kellerman?
    I post in thy general direction!

I did figures like this also but I used the Playmates heads because they easily fit on the new style Trek bodies. I don't mind the slightly large heads because it gives them a toy like appearance and look better than some of the MEGO scale figures with large heads that came out a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    I did figures like this also but I used the Playmates heads because they easily fit on the new style Trek bodies. I don't mind the slightly large heads because it gives them a toy like appearance and look better than some of the MEGO scale figures with large heads that came out a few years ago.
    They just really need necks...

Images
    NICE! Love it!!

Images
    These are great!

I'd love to see some WIP shots of Dehner too. Logically, I think when you take in the uniform, there should be enough extra fabric to sew the "sneeze guard" collar... but I haven't had the guts to try it yet. You may give me the courage to try to make Pike's Number One.

Images
    very cool!

Images
    Very nice. I see that you used the Playmate's heads on the figures except Spock. Are these the "New" Mego Star Trek Bodies? I like the Playmate Kirk head better than the Mego one. I love your idea.