Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomland Star Raiders and Other Knock off type action figures????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Tomland Star Raiders and Other Knock off type action figures????

Hello, My question is and it probably was asked or hinted here before. Why hasn't anyone made repro's or knock offs of these knock offs and others like them. Is it a Licencing issue or legal cr#p??? Are n't these knock offs unlicensed to begin with? Many Moons ago Figures toy co. was able to make Mego's Western and Knights figures Sans Licence because Mego was Out of Business. Is not Tomland, Remco and other 8" knock off makers in the same boat.
    I need some Star Raiders or Star Warriors for my Mego Star Trek crew to battle along with some Astro Apes to.
    Come to think of it, If FTC would make some Mego-Like Warrior Beasts, Galaxy Fighter/ Warrior that would be cool too.
    But I'm also stymied why we don't have other nondescript Generic Baddies like Ninja's, Aliens and Misc. Mutants????
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

A line of just generic aliens would be cool (pretty much what the Tomland aliens were, save the ones that were re-done from their monster line). Classic visages like a martian with antennae or a gray alien are definitely within the public domain, as are other stereotypical aliens from UFO lore (like the Flatwoods monster). Like some of those classic Mego lines, there wouldn't be any licensing fees, so you could spruce them up nicely while keeping costs in line.
    Last edited by scott metzger; Sep 24, '19, 4:27 PM.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by scott metzger
      A line of just generic aliens would be cool (pretty much what the Tomland aliens were, save the ones that were re-done from their monster line). Classic visages like a martian with antennae or a gray alien are definitely within the public domain, as are other stereotypical aliens from UFO lore (like the Flatwoods monster). Like some of those classic Mego lines, there wouldn't be any licensing fees, so you could spruce them up nicely while keeping costs in line.
      YES YES!!! How's about we add Others Like Mothman, Jersey Devil, Spring Heeled Jack, All the variations of reported Aliens, Bigfoot. Urban Legends Like Bloody Mary.
      Pretty Much all the creepies from 70's "In Search Of" TV Show!!! I WANT THEM ALL!!!
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Al Barrett
        Career Member
        • Aug 16, 2008

I agree,I would defenitely buy those for sure

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

In my completely not a lawyer opinion, it would just need money.

Comment

• dcohendmd
            • Jan 20, 2014

I'm all for it !! however i've seen smaller scale versions of the Tomland Star Raiders line...so I think somebody must have bought the rights?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎