X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dinky Space!

I love the fact that the popularity of Star Wars actually helped Dinky sell more Eagles and UFO interceptors despite the fact that both those shows were long out of production.

New Six Million Dollar Man Shirt in our Redbubble store!

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'm digging that blue and white Klingon Battle Cruiser! So much more attractive than that usual light green!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I've always had a love-hated thing going with the Dinky Enterprise …. Love the fact that they made it … but hate that it's so inaccurate …. Even as a kid I would have been happy to give up the firing torpedoes mechanism to get a proper looking saucer … The short warp engines is the biggest crime -- it would look so much better with proper length nacelles... Finally the color, unless you had a black and white TV the Enterprise NEVER looked white … Robin's egg blue- yes … Light and dark gray- yes … Even "cement" (combo of gray, blue and green) would have looked more accurate …

I had the blue Thunderbird 2 with yellow landing gear like above, but mine was a more light blue --- Like Mego Captain America suit blue.

Sold my Eagle on ebay a few years ago … Went to Alaska .. that was weird

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
        I've always had a love-hated thing going with the Dinky Enterprise …. Love the fact that they made it … but hate that it's so inaccurate …. Even as a kid I would have been happy to give up the firing torpedoes mechanism to get a proper looking saucer … The short warp engines is the biggest crime -- it would look so much better with proper length nacelles... Finally the color, unless you had a black and white TV the Enterprise NEVER looked white … Robin's egg blue- yes … Light and dark gray- yes … Even "cement" (combo of gray, blue and green) would have looked more accurate …
        To me, the Enterprise is the Mego 8" Cap of the Dinky line; so wrong, that it's right.
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

the be fair the Enterprise makes for a weird toy, it can't sit and if it had longer nacelles it would fall over anyway.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
            the be fair the Enterprise makes for a weird toy, it can't sit and if it had longer nacelles it would fall over anyway.
            When displaying I used to open the lower shuttlecraft doors -- they work perfect as a stand …

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
              When displaying I used to open the lower shuttlecraft doors -- they work perfect as a stand …
              Yeah, that's always what I did, too.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Did they also make an Eagle that held canisters (maybe orange) on the belly? I have a memory of my brother having one.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
                  Did they also make an Eagle that held canisters (maybe orange) on the belly? I have a memory of my brother having one.
                  Yes. With Magnetic Winch.

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Thanks. I wasn't into the show, but I remember being a little jealous of my brother's toys from it. Well, the ships anyway.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

As a side note … A lot of collectors mix both standard and freighter Eagles to make one proper color Eagle.

They put the standard Eagle pod on the Freighter frame

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

This thread has got me worked up for that Enterprise. I'm smitten, damnit. Just made a bloke in Dunstable an offer on ebay for a minty one with the solid box and Galileo. Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎