X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

LOTR Heads WIP

Hey everyone!
    Here's a little update on the progress of the rest of the Fellowship (save for one extra--Old Bilbo). Currently, I have the new heads for Samwise, Pippin, and Gandalf all painted (with Gandalf still waiting his doll wig and beard). Aragorn is currently awaiting his final paint, though a primer has been applied. The rest of the heads are still essentially fresh off of the printer (with some minor sanding for smoothness).
    For those who might be aware, I'm trying to focus my visuals on the characters' descriptions from the books, rather than the Peter Jackson films, and I've been using my friends and relatives as facial references for my heads for ease of design and modeling--as well as an extra personal touch. Feel free to leave any feedback!

EDIT: I did not realized until after I took these pictures that I did not have Gimli listed. He is currently not yet printed, as I am still in the process of testing different sized heads for the CTVT teen body, which I will be using for my dwarves.

Last edited by Beatlemania; Sep 22, '19, 7:16 PM.
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Those are great!

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Hello, Nice work. Can you tell us which 3d printer your using?
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Beatlemania
        • Sep 28, 2014

Hey, ddgaff1132!

Currently, I am using the Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer V2. It's a very easy to use and versatile little thing--especially for the price. On average, you can find this guy for less than $200. The print bed is only 4.7"x 4.7"x 4.7", but given the Mego scale I usually print in, that's not an issue for me whatsoever. I believe Monoprice sells a similar model printer with a print bed of about 7" all around, though it's more expensive.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎