X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint Off Card: Birdman from Figures Toy Company

Time to de-card another modern figure, our subject this week is Birdman from Figures Toy Company, based on the popular Hanna Barbera cartoon. This video was created by Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Subscribe to our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY..._as=subscriber Our facebook group is MegoMania: https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania/ Related Images: [See image gallery at www.megomuseum.com]

More...
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

I love this H.B. line and cannot wait to get my paws on all of the announced figures! Great video.
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Great video on Birdman. I was disappointed about the wings but then after watching the video I can understand it know.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

Birdman is a cool figure.i grabbed 2 of those when they first came avilible.and the video is a good showcase for it.i am surprised no one has done a custom of Harvey birdman attorney at law ? .unless someone did and I missed seeing it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Appreciated the review--it's a nice figure.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Now I am getting one. Thank you, Brian, for a stupendous review.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Still on the fence about this, even though I have a pair of white Doc Mego wings handy (can't leave those things on him if I get him. After seeing the floppy mess that was Hawkman's wings...no. Just...no). I've skipped out on Space Ghost so far based on the quality of the figure, even though I love the classic character (even had a poorly customized Mego of him as a kid). The Galaxy trio looks really good so far, though, on par with stuff like Jonny Quest. Just seems incomplete without HB's number one space faring hero. Having the baddie and the boss from the show makes Birdman even more tempting, though...

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by tllgn
                Birdman is a cool figure.i grabbed 2 of those when they first came avilible.and the video is a good showcase for it.i am surprised no one has done a custom of Harvey birdman attorney at law ? .unless someone did and I missed seeing it.
                I have, but not with the new stuff.

Hello fellow Mego people, Lawyer Birdman is a re-run, from my very first thread nearly 3 years ago, although I recently repainted his wings. I recently upgraded Hero Birdman with a cool suit from Austin. Much nicer than never posted v1.0 Both heads supplied & painted by Black Knight (yo dude, where are you?)

Thanks to FTC Harvey is even easier now-I look forward to more. Avenger, not so much lol

I love that cartoon. My favorite episode is 'X the Eliminator' from the first season.

K
                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Great review! Birdman is still on my list; I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I like the wings on him, unlike on Hawkman (which had more issues than the wings). I like how FTC did the boots. The color is a tad off, but it's better than if they went bootless and just the red around the calf. Paint apps on the head looks a little sloppy though. Birdman will team up nicely with Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. If only FTC made a good Space Ghost, my favorite of the HB super-heroes. I just haven't been able to settle for what they gave us.

Birdman gets the thumbs up though!

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                    Youngest Mego Fan
                    • Aug 30, 2019

BIIIIIIIRDMAN! He's cute. I'm getting him next with my birthday money.
                    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎