X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Aron Eisenberg has passed away

sad news. he was still so young.....in our age range actually, at 50. RIP!

https://www.startrek.com/news/aron-e...Y0OfJ8XVn8i8Zg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Very sad to hear this--one of my favorite characters on the show actually. DS9 is my favorite "new" Trek show. RIP Aron.

Thanks for posting, Nos.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, Nog was a fun character and they really gave him a great story arc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, and he and Jake had great chemistry. I've been rewatching DSP on HI and kind of "rediscovering" it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• newlyknighted
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 21, 2010

He was such a nice, humble man talking about his illness and getting a kidney transplant, he brought tears to many Trek Vegas convention attendees faces, and he will be missed :( I'm glad I met him
          I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            yeah, Nog was a fun character and they really gave him a great story arc.
            Agreed. Who would have guessed that his arc would be so much more interesting than Jake's..

Comment

• apenutncc1701
              • Aug 9, 2009

DS9 is my second favorite Trek series after the original. One of the things I really enjoyed watching was how the characters changed and grew over the course of the series, none more so than Nog. He went from being a troublesome brat to being the first Ferengi in Starfleet. His story arc in which he had to deal with PTSD and the loss of his leg in battle is some of the best Star Trek storytelling ever, not just because of the writers, but because of Aron's portrayal of the character. The world is a little less bright today because he is gone. Thank you Aron for your talent and humanity. You will not be forgotten. RIP

Comment

• mjaycox
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 16, 2008

I know-- My wife and I are huge DS9 fans. In fact it is my favorite Trek show.

In a show of excellent, well-rounded characters, Nog was standout. His arc with Vic Fontaine when he is clearly suffering from war PTSD was Emmy-worthy writing and acting. How sad that he is gone so young.
                Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎