X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Welling is coming back!

Tom Welling is coming back for the CW Crisis event in December...

• monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

So happy that gives us 3 Supermen for Crisis now they need to add in Dean Cain and it would be perfect!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

Erica Durance now as well. I'm sure Dean Cain will be on it too.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

I'm tellin' ya, they need to go all in and line up Cain, Gerard Christopher, John Haymes-Newton, and Ron Ely as well to just go for having every living Superman besides Cavil in it!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I've said this before, but I really hope they give these guest stars more than just a cameo. I mean how cool is to see them back in character all these years later.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            I've said this before, but I really hope they give these guest stars more than just a cameo. I mean how cool is to see them back in character all these years later.
            That'd be great, but is there enough time to give everyone a substantial part?
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
              That'd be great, but is there enough time to give everyone a substantial part?
              it is a 5 hour event. besides doesn't have to be substantial per se, just more than a token cameo. I mean when Shipp was back as Flash from the nineties it was like 5 seconds and he was gone

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                it is a 5 hour event. besides doesn't have to be substantial per se, just more than a token cameo. I mean when Shipp was back as Flash from the nineties it was like 5 seconds and he was gone
                I realize it's 5 hours, but that is still creatively challenging to fit something into the natural flow of a plot line. I agree its definitely possible. Its just challenging. I was impressed with how Marvel managed to give each of the Avengers some time and still maintain flow in the first (only 2-hour) movie. Its just that it doesn't always come naturally as you write a story. Sometimes you end up forcing it in and the story feels like it. It can become choppy or unnecessarily layered.

Of all stories, though, Infinite does seem to lend itself to the possibility of more characters being involved in the story. And I'd love to see all these folks have something more than a 5 second cameo.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Welling's return is a test to see if there's interest in a Superman/Smallville reboot for WB streaming. There was talk last month about a new Superman series, but they weren't sure what the approach was since they still want Superman to be seen as movie-level property.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I don’t watch anything on the CW anymore...but I might tune in for this.

I no longer hate Tom Welling...thanks to Tyler Hoechlin, Supergirl’s personal punching bag. He’s the weakest Superman ever.

But the one I really want to see is Brandon Routh. I thought he was a great Superman.
                    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

It'd be nice if they could computer in Reeves, Reeve and Alyn. Adam West too
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

I think it will be a mix of brief cameos and longer segments. I expect the Burt Ward and Kevin Conroy ones to be just a couple seconds of fan service. But I am optimistic that Routh and Welling are going to get a little longer.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          It'd be nice if they could computer in Reeves, Reeve and Alyn. Adam West too
                          Amen!!! I would love to see a CG Christopher Reeve Superman, even briefly. And since they’re going as large scale as it appears, it would be great to see at least one or two Lanterns and at least a brief glimpse or mention of Wonder Woman.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                            Amen!!! I would love to see a CG Christopher Reeve Superman, even briefly. And since they’re going as large scale as it appears, it would be great to see at least one or two Lanterns and at least a brief glimpse or mention of Wonder Woman.
                            Lynda Carter is in the crossover somewhere. Maybe the GL from the Legends special.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                              I don’t watch anything on the CW anymore...but I might tune in for this.

I no longer hate Tom Welling...thanks to Tyler Hoechlin, Supergirl’s personal punching bag. He’s the weakest Superman ever.

But the one I really want to see is Brandon Routh. I thought he was a great Superman.

Yeah, I with ya Hector...I don't watch any of the CW shows either, but I will definitely tune in for THIS! I also can't stand Tyler Hoechlin's Superman.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎