• Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Svengoolie meets the DC Universe in October

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...e-this-october

SVENGOOLIE MEETS THE DC UNIVERSE THIS OCTOBER

MeTV’s Late-Night Horror Show Icon Rubs Elbows with the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes
    in 8-Page Comic Book Story

BURBANK, CA and CHICAGO, IL – (September 19, 2019) – DC and MeTV are bringing fans one of the quirkiest pop-culture mashups of all time when SVENGOOLIE MEETS THE DC UNIVERSE, a series of custom inserts featured in DC comic books on sale throughout the month of October. Each two page “chapter” will be written by DC Publisher and Svengoolie super fan Dan DiDio , with an assist from Svengoolie himself, plus art by Chris Jones.

Svengoolie has been a beloved TV staple since the 1970’s, putting a humorous spin on classic science fiction and horror films from Hollywood history. Since 1979, Rich Koz, a.k.a. Svengoolie has entertained legions of sci-fi and horror fans with comedy sketches, jokes and song parodies; the show has become a highlight of MeTV’s line-up, airing Saturday nights at 8PM/7C.

“This is a dream come true for someone who’s been a life-long fan of DC super-heroes since I first got into comics as a kid,” says Koz. “I couldn’t be prouder to have Svengoolie standing side by side with these iconic characters. I definitely identify with them, too; after all, I have to put on my costume before I can do my job, too!”

On the run from (what else?) an army of homicidal rubber chickens, Svengoolie gets some unexpected help from Wonder Woman and John Stewart, who urge him to get to the Hall of Justice. But before he can make it to safety, he has to survive a showdown against the one responsible for these perilous pullets, The Joker!

“I’m a huge fan of classic sci-fi and horror movies and I grew up with Svengoolie,” said DiDio. As a fan and a publisher, I never thought I’d have a chance to have Svengoolie in our books, let alone write the story. This is a fantastic opportunity and I couldn’t be more excited.”

Fans attending New York Comic Con will get a chance to learn more about this comic and celebrate Svengoolie’s 40th anniversary during a special tribute panel hosted by Dan DiDio on Friday, October 4 from 2:45-3:45pmET at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, room 1A24. For more information on Svengoolie, please visit the website at www.svengoolie.com. For the latest information on the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes, visit the DC website at www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel or follow @DCComics on social media.
    -M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The way this works is the entire month is with Svengoolie. What we've done is it's an eight-page story, which is being done as a special custom comic handed out by the MeTV folks. But in our comics it's done in two-page increments, serialized over the four weeks. It's a story that builds with a level of excitement, and a level of threat and mystery, naturally. Basically you have to read every week to get a new installment of Svengoolie Meets The DC Universe.
    Svengoolie-Meets-DC-Universe-Comic.jpgSvengoolie_1_450_CMYK.jpgSvengoolie-Meets-DC-Green-Lantern.jpgSvengoolie-Meets-DC-Wonder-Woman.jpgSvengoolie-Meets-DC-Joker.jpg

Now to figure out how to get the MeTV comic book??
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

SCREEN RANT Interview

I am happy that Svengoolie gets put into a DC comic books, I was disappointed that Dan did not have him meet the Justice League of Batman '66 & Wonder Woman '77. This 8-page comic should have followed the MeTV Super Sci-Fi Saturday Night lineup with George Reeves Superman, Adam West & Burt Ward Batman & Robin, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman and the Legends Of Superheroes...

metvsaturday.jpgalex-ross-3.jpgAlex Ross Batman 66 JLA.jpgBatman-Superman Ross.jpg00-Batman-66-Wonder-Woman-77.jpg

This would have fit into the TV comic books so much better.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Someone... *ahem*... should really reproduce that cover using Mego figures...

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Depends on if the figures are out by then...
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

So in one interview it sounded like MeTV was going to collect the pages and offer them as a comic book, well that is not going to happen. I just got finished talking to MeTV and they said no but did provide some more info:

Look for the first installment of the four-part Svengoolie tale in the regular DC comics published on October 16. Collect the rest of the story in titles hitting stands on subsequent Wednesdays — October 23, October 30 and November 6.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Just found out DC Comics went cheap on this, since it is a free comic book they did not want to pay for likeness so instead of going for the Batman '66 universe they went modern age.

They also did an actual comic book they are giving out at comic book conventions. This bothers me because I do not leave anywhere near the cities that they would be giving it away.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

autographed copy Svengoolie meets the DC Universe.jpg

Today I got in the actual comic book of the Svengoolie meets DC Universe!!! It was a fun read and now I have to start to find my packed away Mego/FTC figures so I can redo the picture with ReMegos.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡