X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I have a sinking feeling about an eBay auction

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

So back story, I spied a wonderful poster in eBay that i wanted for my basement, Seller had it for $175 with global shipping, it was like $220. I decided to sleep on it.

The next morning, it was gone. Seller put it up on ebay auction of $155. I placed a bid and patiently waited. I won with the first bid, so it worked out to $200.

I paid immediately.

Nothing. No Global Shipping Program updates (which are usually annoying) and of course, I don't have it ten days later.

I emailed the seller two days ago, very convivial, asking for the tracking number, nothing. He continues to list items.

This poster was a birthday present to myself and i was pretty excited about it. I'm not sure what steps to take as I really just want the item.
    Is it normal not to have a tracking number automatically appear in the GSP?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

Open up a ticket on them. Then you'll have a chance to leave them another message and ask them how to resolve the problem. If they do not respond to you within a week, eBay will then step in, and then you will receive your refund.
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah it's not the money, it's about wanting the poster. I have a frame and everything!

Comment

• Gabriel
        • Aug 23, 2019

I recently had an experience like this with some figures. I won the auction, paid immediately, then sat and waited while the estimated delivery date passed without a tracking number or message from seller. I sent a polite email asking for an update, and got no response. Then I opened up a formal request asking for my item and an update.

I still didn't get any message from the seller, but I had a tracking number within a couple of hours of opening up a request.

So, open up a request. Get it on ebay's record, so that if the seller completely flakes you can get ebay to refund your money.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Gabriel
          I recently had an experience like this with some figures. I won the auction, paid immediately, then sat and waited while the estimated delivery date passed without a tracking number or message from seller. I sent a polite email asking for an update, and got no response. Then I opened up a formal request asking for my item and an update.

I still didn't get any message from the seller, but I had a tracking number within a couple of hours of opening up a request.

So, open up a request. Get it on ebay's record, so that if the seller completely flakes you can get ebay to refund your money.
          Yes, you should definitely open a dispute as soon as possible. At the very least it will light a fire under the seller's *** and make them respond to you.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Got my fingers crossed it'll show up soon in nice packaging

If it's from a weird country maybe the mail doesn't move as fast as we're use to

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I'd call ebay on the phone and report the problem. I actually did that yesterday. It gets a quicker response from sellers when ebay contacts them, and not me.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I bought a piece of art from Australia once.

I was assured it shipped airmail and I'd have it in 7-10 days. It never showed. After a month I was convinced it was lost or destroyed.

Three months after initially ordered, it arrived. The package was, in fact, marked as airmail, but was mis sorted, and shipped surface mail. It spent three months on a slow boat.

It was frustrating, but the art is gorgeous.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Is it that Charles Nelson Reilly painting that you were after a few years back? If so,I'd be upset over not getting it either.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

One of the things that irks me to no end is lack of communication from sellers.

If you have the time to sell and accept money...then you bloody have the time to communicate, it’s your obligation.

I swear...evil violent thoughts go through my head when I come across people like that...evil violent thoughts...
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Is it that Charles Nelson Reilly painting that you were after a few years back? If so,I'd be upset over not getting it either.
                      On black velvet...perfection.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I wish it was CNR on black velvet, it was this, a spook show poster from "Monsters Crash the Pajama Party" and I really wanted it.

Since this thread the seller continues to list and ignore my messages about how this is for a birthday and could i please have a tracker.

Tomorrow is when I not only start contacting eBay but when i start posting on my blog about this. I'm not a vindictive person but I don't like how I was treated here and I'm going to be very vocal on the subject.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Ok so weird thing, I asked eBay to intervene today and they told me the item is already on it's way but there's no tracking and it clearly states it wasn't shipped. Why is there a delivery estimate for something that isn't shipped?

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

That makes no sense. How would eBay know if it has shipped if there's no tracking number created?

All the seller needs to do is respond. Why is that so hard? Maybe it'll still work out. He has good feedback. Sometimes, there are real life crises that get in the way.

Maybe since Global Shipping is involved there's a bit of a lag? Hang in there.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Well, it seems to have all worked out. Seller replied today apologizing for the lack of response and explained that the item was sent but then refused for a torn label. I got the same excuse from another seller recently and he turned out to be completely honest.

Apparently it has been re-sent and I'll have it Wednesday.

I was drafting a kind of terse note to the seller on the weekend and my gut kind of told me to stop, it didn't feel right and I'm glad i listened.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎