X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Star Warriors?

Time to open another box of knock-off figures and these dudes are my new favorites. This line hedges all bets by crossing Star Wars with the Black Hole and Star Trek into a delicious stew of unlicensed hilarity!

Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions)

PlaidStallions Facebook Page

Plaidstallions facebook group
    The official discussion group for the Pod Stallions podcast and the Plaid Stallions website. Group Rules- Pretty much anything that we discuss in the show is up for grabs, 70s fashion, toys,...

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY...iew_as=subscriFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

I Love those knockoffs and I wish Mego would produce Mr. Rock. That would be a guarantee buy for me. I need him for my bridge crew. Great video Brian!
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Hilariously wonderful. I feel like the product designer was a 13-yr-old kid who came up with the design and packaging at the end of his 7th 18-hour shift in a row. "Whatever. That'll work. Now late me make my 90-minute bicycle commute home for a meal and 3 hours of sleep until tomorrow's shift."
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Jay and Silent Bob, George, Lucas, Chris Rock, Kevin Smith

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

It truly was a golden age for shamelessly ripping off licensed properties.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I think things like this just don't show up in legitimate stores anymore, then I'm at Tuesday Morning last week, and I see a knock-off Transformers Devastator. He was about half the size, but was colored the bright green, and even disassembled in to the individual robots!

I wish I had come across some of these Mego reuse knock-offs as a kid. The first one you showed used Flash Gordon's helmet from Captain Action as well!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Congrats! Love well traveled boxes full of cheap-O-no-rules-goodness! Toy treasure in some parts of the world.

My compulsions would lead to opening them to better enjoy… old bags usually bother (sadly found a bag fused to an Astro Ape once) me, and illustrated header cards are gold.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎