Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Custom Figure Fodder... Try saying that 3x fast!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

More Custom Figure Fodder... Try saying that 3x fast!!!

Hello again. So I found these on eBay when a search went awry.
    Dollkin (1).jpg
    These are called "Little Miss Dollkin" dolls. They are usually listed as 6 or 7 Inches if the height of the doll is even mentioned by the seller.
    I thought the head looked a little Over-scaled for the body and might work on a Mego body.

Dollkin (5).jpg
    And yep it does. I got this for not alot of cash so I guess these are not in demand dolls. I like the vintage look to the face paint too. Got that 70's vibe. ALSO....

Dollkin (6).jpg
    I attached a smaller Cake topper head to the body and compared it to a CTVT 6" body. Anybody else thinking of Teen Titans custom??? These Dollkin bodies have descent articulation and I would think that the Lower-Leg / Feet would easily fit in Titan Boots.
    From what I have heard the CTVT teen female body isn't that great. So I offer this as an alternative.
    Hope this helps some of you out.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent--thank you! I know I've seen customs with these heads, IllegalMego used to use them. The body comparison is very useful.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MegoMam
      • Dec 21, 2015

I used to buy these for the heads all the time. Never thought to use the bodies for teens. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Where's my boy, Grammercyplace? He loves these heads and has done awesome customs using these ladies...Black Canary, Firestar, Supergirl, etc.
        Search the custom forum, I've posted pics for him before....
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎