Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mego at Goodwill...

This doesn't upset me. These weren't selling. Better to clear out old stock so we can get figures that will sell. Mego seems to have figured things out, and dropping the sitcom characters was a wise move. I'd rather see the old stuff that wasn't selling cleared out to make way for new stuff that will sell, than to see the old stuff languish on shelves at full price, and stores not get anything new.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Blog Entries
    I don't think it was Mego's idea to sell the sit-com crap. That was Target who orchestrated that because Target has no understanding of the Mego market and thought general market stuff would sell. General market buyers didn't buy them and only some Mego fans bought them. Now that that Target limited run deal is over Mego is making what they want to make which will appeal to Mego fans and other collectors.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Images
    Hey, some of it was on point in the good idea department...like Charmed, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, which are all fantasy-based shows and two of them are big nostalgia hits (Bewitched and Jeannie, of course).

Maybe the Charmed line would have done better, if they also included some of the demon/monster bad guys (along with the Hallowell sisters), like Cole's big, red alter ego, Belthazor or the pale, life-sucking Grimlocks or the Wendigo, or the Banshee that Phoebe turns into? The other monsters in the Mego line certainly did well. I dunno...but I do know some of the other lines kind of fell flat, like The Facts of Life figures.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Sep 20, '19 at 5:37 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    Sorry, double post. :(
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by danadoll View Post
    Hey, some of it was on point in the good idea department...like Charmed, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, which are all fantasy-based shows and two of them are big nostalgia hits (Bewitched and Jeannie, of course).

Maybe the Charmed line would have done better, if they also included some of the demon/monster bad guys (along with the Hallowell sisters), like Cole's big, red alter ego, Belthazor or the pale, life-sucking Grimlocks or the Wendigo, or the Banshee that Phoebe turns into? The other monsters in the Mego line certainly did well. I dunno...but I do know some of the other lines kind of fell flat, like The Facts of Life figures.

Dana
    I don't know if there was ever any hope for the Target Sitcom figures, but not having actor's likenesses and having Charmed mixed in with Star Trek in the Boys Action Figure Aisle didn't help. Even now, Target is separating Megos by genres on the collector's wall -- Icons Hendrix and Bruce Lee; Horror like Dracula and Freddy Krueger; TV with Star Trek and Charmed (yeah, my Target put some leftovers on those pegs). But, The Brady Bunch and Cheers had likenesses of the actors, so....

I wish Ollie's or Big Lots picked them up. But at least they are somewhere (a real life Island of Misfit Toys?).

If anyone still has the Jeanie set at their goodwills, i am needing a set. box condition not important.