X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Digging into the toybox: Marvel Comics presents Conan Serpent Wars

Another story that looks like somebody was digging into the toybox and came up with a story to write:

conan serpent war1.jpg
    Marvel’s Conan: Serpent War Event Features Moon Knight & Solomon Kane

Conan the Barbarian’s induction into Marvel’s comic universe this year has already allowed him to team up with a handful of Avengers characters. But in a few months, the beloved Cimmerian will join forces with yet another fan-favorite hero. Via ComicBook.com, Marvel has announced a new event miniseries that features Conan fighting alongside Moon Knight.

Conan: Serpent War will last four issues and comes from writer Jim Zub and artists Scot Eaton and Stephen Segovia. Zub has worked on several issues of Marvel’s Savage Sword of Conan title, so he knows his way around the character’s world. In addition to Marc Spector’s masked alter-ego, Zub plans on bringing other Robert E. Howard creations into the fold. Specifically, Dark Agnes and Solomon Kane will appear throughout the new series.

“Serpent War is a sprawling cross-dimensional epic bringing together legendary characters from the mind of Robert E. Howard with a bit of Marvel mayhem added in for good measure,” said Zub. “The story I told in Savage Sword was a straight forward sword & sorcery tale. This one is big, ambitious, and adventurous on a bigger stage. I hope Serpent War engages long-time Conan fans and also brings new readers on board to see what all the excitement is about.”
    The official description for Serpent War reads, “James Allison will soon die. But it’s not his first death. He’s lived many lives, in many places – lives he can recall in vivid detail. But when an Elder God called the Wyrm reaches across time to James, an ages-spanning quest begins! The serpent god Set plans to usher in an eternity of darkness, and only the chosen warriors across time and space have a hope of stopping him: Conan the Barbarian, Solomon Kane, Dark Agnes, and the man known as Moon Knight!”
    SUPERHEROHYPE

FTC Conan wave.jpg
    If you did not pick up those FTC Robert E. Howard ReMegos you might want to shop now, if this series does good those figures could go up. As for the comic books I plan on getting them. Yes I grew up reading Conan, Kull, Red Sonja, even Solomon Kane thanks to the grocery store having them on there spinner-rack.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍