Thread: playdoh foam clay

Images
    Blog Entries

Crayola Model Magic

Anyone try this for sculpting at all? I am right now for some horns for Hellboy as I found sculpey way too heavy for the magnets to hold up. So far so good. Its supposed to be the same stuff as the foam clay for cosplayers but way cheaper so I am giving it a whirl. Not sure how it will work when cured yet.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 16, '19 at 4:07 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Haven't tried it, but if you ever need a stronger (but not necessarily cheaper) connection I'd recommend micro rare earth magnets used in replacement-part stop motion animation. They are very small and can hold the weight of apoxy sculpt among other things.

Images
    Blog Entries
    this seems to be working and I did move up to better magnets this time, I just could only go so big on the horns before they wanted to swivel to the sides. as the Playdoh stuff dries if feels like craft foam
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    The store I got it from didn't have red so I had to get black and will see how it takes paint.

Please keep us informed.
    ENTER THE AQUACAVE!
    The new home of Troy Younger Customs!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Its working well for horns, now I am making a wire armature hand to sculpt over and hoping the fingers will bend. I will post a pic of the horns when I get them painted up.

Images
    Blog Entries
    And I am a knuckle head and threw out the package thinking it was play doh, its Crayola Model Magic

Images
    Ah, I have seen that stuff. That makes more sense.