X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

playdoh foam clay

Anyone try this for sculpting at all? I am right now for some horns for Hellboy as I found sculpey way too heavy for the magnets to hold up. So far so good. Its supposed to be the same stuff as the foam clay for cosplayers but way cheaper so I am giving it a whirl. Not sure how it will work when cured yet.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 16, '19, 4:07 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Haven't tried it, but if you ever need a stronger (but not necessarily cheaper) connection I'd recommend micro rare earth magnets used in replacement-part stop motion animation. They are very small and can hold the weight of apoxy sculpt among other things.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

this seems to be working and I did move up to better magnets this time, I just could only go so big on the horns before they wanted to swivel to the sides. as the Playdoh stuff dries if feels like craft foam
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

The store I got it from didn't have red so I had to get black and will see how it takes paint.

Comment

• aquatroy
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 28, 2002

Please keep us informed.
          Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Its working well for horns, now I am making a wire armature hand to sculpt over and hoping the fingers will bend. I will post a pic of the horns when I get them painted up.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

And I am a knuckle head and threw out the package thinking it was play doh, its Crayola Model Magic

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Ah, I have seen that stuff. That makes more sense.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Hammer, knife, axe and brass knuckles all Model Magic hammer and axe over a piece of a chopstick. I sculpted the woodgrain in the clay over the handles.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

That's pretty neat, and very creative.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡