X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Space:1999 Road Stars Moon Buggy- It's September 13th, so it's Breakaway day! I love this little diecast vehicle mainly because the card art is an outtake?

All the Superman Presto Magix Sets- OK, I'm not going to lie here, a lot of the stuff I share, I'm probably not going to buy or am only sharing because I can't afford it. THIS ONE HURTS. I love Presto Magix and if i hadn't have already spent all my money on goofy stuff this month, this would be mine. So please, enjoy responsibly....

AHI Wolfman Flasher Face- I actually owned one of these and put it in Rack Toys. I sold it years later and wonder if this is it. It's a neat piece that i was wishy-washy about selling but whatever...

Mr Dress Up appearance Poster- OK, so Mr. Dressup was basically Canada's version of Mr. Rogers, in fact he was Fred Rogers Protege. He's basically adored by Canadians of a certain age and this is like, insanely tempting because there is ZERO merchandise. I'm certain that any American friend who lived in a border state is aware of him because this poster is from Detroit.

Corgi Crimefighters set- Sure the box has seen better days but a team-up of James Bond, Buck Rogers and the crew of the Enterprise, OH SIGN ME UP! NOW!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, some great stuff this week. That image of Barbra Bain lounging in the Moon Buggy reminds me of how artists painted an outtake of Elsa Lanchester as the Bride of Frankenstein sipping tea on a break into one of the official posters!

I had that Superman Presto Magix set. I always loved seeing that old 50s image of Superman still in use on merchandise in the 70s. He looked very George Reeves there.

I know I got a Corgi Jr. set that came with the Batmobile, the Spider-Cycle, the Super-Mobile...and James Bond's Aston Martin. but this set takes the cake!

Is it wrong that I think that Wolf Man flashlight looks a bit more like Chewie than Larry?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

That Corgi set is pretty suspect.

As far as I know, Corgi never did Star Trek. I think that is a Dinky Enterprise.

I could be wrong. But I really don't think it's legit.

Edit: Apparently Corgi did have the TMP license. So I stand corrected.
      Last edited by B-Lister; Sep 13, '19, 1:22 PM.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by B-Lister

Edit: Apparently Corgi did have the TMP license. So I stand corrected.
        I think it was for Wrath of Khan in 1982. Which makes it a bizarre gift set since buck Rogers was dead in the water by 1981.

I can confirm Mr. Dressup was on afternoon rotation in the metro Detroit area. Lamb chop was another children's show from Canada popular during that time.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

Lamb Chop was Canadian?
          I never knew.

I knew the Friendly Giant was, as well as Hilarious House of Frightenstein, but had no idea about Lamb Chop.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by tay666
            Lamb Chop was Canadian?
            I never knew.

I knew the Friendly Giant was, as well as Hilarious House of Frightenstein, but had no idea about Lamb Chop.
            I don't think Lamb Chop is Canadian--Shari Lewis may have been on Canadian shows, but she was from New York and first introduced the character on Capt. Kangaroo.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I still have the Buck Rogers ship somewhere

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                I don't think Lamb Chop is Canadian--Shari Lewis may have been on Canadian shows, but she was from New York and first introduced the character on Capt. Kangaroo.
                You're right. Lamb Chop was based outta NY I was mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎