X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Inspired by Creepy, Eerie, Heavy Metal and Epic Illustrated

What comics MAGAZINES do you love? Mad? Savage Sword of Conan? Vampirella? Rampagin Hulk?
    Have they inspired your own creative endeavors?

I can't even begin to describe how much I dig those old magazines from the 60's-80's era of mature readers comics. It even inspired my friends (including Mego Museum's Brazoo) and I to start up our own magazine, which has been an incredible success on Kickstarter for us. We've been honoured by a Joe Shuster Award Nomination (Canada's version of the Eisner or Harvey Comics Awards). I'm super proud of our latest upcoming issue.

PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK TO CHECK OUT CAULDRON MAGAZINE HERE.

Another Frazetta-Inspired Cover.

FULLY PAINTED COVER BY CASEY PARSONS (IMAGE COMICS LITTLE BIRD VARIANT COVER ARTIST)

Arthouse collides headlong into Grindhouse! Tantalizing and Titillating Illustrated Tales for Mature Readers.

The Joe Shuster Award Nominated Comics Anthology of Supernatural Tales returns. Featuring Full color artwork in a luxurious 8" x 10.5" inch slick magazine format.

Inspired by the quality and format of European Bande Dessinée, and comics magazines that dominated the newsstands of our youth, including Heavy Metal, Epic Illustrated, Savage Sword of Conan, Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella, we are curating an artist-centric, full color magazine with the utmost care and craft.
    Samples of Interior Art.

Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 12, '19, 8:49 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

While I was in school (very long time ago) we had a foreign exchange student from England who went to our school. I was the first to make friends with him and discovered that he loved comics. We began to talk and made a swap, he gave me his UK Captain Britain and a few other black & white comics for some extras color comics I had. Still have those to this day.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Gotta love those Frazetta covers.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Alas I never saw those Frazetta magazines but would buy every book that had his artwork. I was lucky in High School that the Art Club was able to go to Austin for a school trip, it was there that we lucked out and went to eat a Conan's Pizza were they had movie style posters of Frazetta Conan & Red Sonja scattered through out the store. Funny thing was we had to visit 3 art museums that weekend and our teacher allowed the pizza place as one.

There is something to see Frazetta artwork on those huge posters...
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          While I was in school (very long time ago) we had a foreign exchange student from England who went to our school. I was the first to make friends with him and discovered that he loved comics. We began to talk and made a swap, he gave me his UK Captain Britain and a few other black & white comics for some extras color comics I had. Still have those to this day.
          Love those British Marvel UK Mags. IIRC, it was some of Alan Moore's only work for Marvel

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

I attended the Joe Shuster Awards (the Canadian version of the Harveys or Eisners) this weekend

This gentleman was honoured .

Al Hewetson (1946-2004)

Alan Hewetson was a Scottish-Canadian writer and editor of American horror-comics magazines, best known for his work with the 1970s publisher Skywald Publications, where he created what he termed the magazines’ “Horror-Mood” sensibility. He went on to become a publisher of city magazines in Canada.

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

Wow those are stunning!
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢