Thread: New elastics

New elastics

Last night I attempted to "restring" a CTVT bosy I have that broke by using a set of replacement rubber bands/elastics also purchased from CTVT. It's the first time I've had to do something like this and I believe I did it the way I was supposed to, but when I got the body back together it was extremely loose. Every appendage was so flimsy, the body had absolutely no firmness to it whatsoever. What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Images
    Blog Entries
    besides purchasing elastics from CTVT?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

HA!!!!
    ENTER THE AQUACAVE!
    The new home of Troy Younger Customs!

Very well then. Where do you suggest purchasing replacement elastics that will work as they are supposed to?

Images
    My method is based how the Space 1999 guy is done here

http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/ctvtfix.shtml

I don't bother with the floral tape BTW

Of course the above CTVT fix is based on restringing a T1 body

http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/restringing.shtml

I tie off the cord thru the waist, not the neck hole, but whatever.

Really easy once you get the hang of it. Key is to tie off the cord as tightly as possible. If the body is still a bit floppy spinning an arm (left side seems better for some reason) around a couple times will usually tighten it up. If not, start over again-the cord is cheap, especially if you buy it at Walmart.

Obviously this method won't work with a character who has bare legs (eg Robin) but luckily there aren't many like that.

Or there is also this (never tried it myself)

http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/t2repair.shtml

Hope this helps

K
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Images
    Blog Entries
    I forget what size O Ring I use, but its about the size of a nickel, thru the hip pin plastic hook to the opposing arm hardware. I toss the leg metal bits.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    I forget what size O Ring I use, but its about the size of a nickel, thru the hip pin plastic hook to the opposing arm hardware. I toss the leg metal bits.
    Another great tip, forget about that, probably because I've never done it myself. I think you can buy the o-rings in the plumbing section at HD, Lowes, etc?

Do you criss/cross arm to leg, or left to left & right to right?
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riderfan View Post
    Another great tip, forget about that, probably because I've never done it myself. I think you can buy the o-rings in the plumbing section at HD, Lowes, etc?

Do you criss/cross arm to leg, or left to left & right to right?
    yeah in Lowe's plumbing, I have some so I can go match it up, can't find the box from them. I cross them like FTC, makes the figures a lot better.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!