X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Corgi Spider-Man Buggy

Thought I'd spend some time this week discussing the one Corgi vehicle I allowed to creep into my collection. Along the way, we discuss the history of Corgi toys and some of the amazing items they've produced over the last 60+ years.

Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions)

PlaidStallions Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/

Plaidstallions facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226244254053126/

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwYta3nz_7FAzPvP8FPSgpg?view_as=subscriberFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I have a vintage Corgi catalog. Might even be the one you featured in this vid.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting, as always. I suppose I covet the Corgi large Penguinmobile as much as you did the Spider-Man Buggy.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

You did a good job of mentioning the Corgi Mainstays. Bond's Aston Martin and the Batmobile were made for close to 15 years continuously.

Carded Corgi Juniors are a side collecting hobby for me. There are some cool items out there depending on your enthusiasm of the licensed properties.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Great video, and the first time I've ever seen this close up. Man, there's a lot of fun in that design! Love the Goblin figure in the spider web "baggie".

Oddly enough, while I had a ton of Corgi Jrs, I never owned the large Corgi Batmobile as a kid. I guess I missed the "standard issue" line. Years later, in the mid 80s, an obscure relative gave me a one-off Christmas present, and it was the large Corgi Batcylce. I bet it was clearanced somewhere. I still have it!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Yeah, the webbed baggie is endearingly creative. As a kid, I'm sure I would have preferred a net, but as an adult there's something about a marker-ed baggie.

I absolutely dip into other lines just to grab one or two items that resonate with me. I have the Corgi Batmobile and Batcopter sitting among my an entire section in my toy collection devoted to random things I've picked up that resonate with me for one reason or another (although my Mead collection is pretty extensive).

Funny, while I remember having the Batmobile, I have no memory of how I got it. Perhaps they were government issued. Don't feel bad, Chris. The cheese they gave out was never that good.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

I’m really interested in the Corgi Batman items. I had one or two of the Batmobile. It was all kinds of fun. I remember that K-Mart always carried them.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎