X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I'm going to Tokyo in February!

I timed my trip to coincide with the Winter Wonder Festival.

I'm super excited!
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

The Motherland! My ultimate bucket list location. If When I get there, I won't return until I have this in my suitcase.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I want to bring back at least one Chogokin. Preferably Leopardon, but only at a good price.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I'm alsointerested in getting a Henshin Cyborg and outfit. I realize I can't have everything. And that my funds are limited, but I'mgoing to try to make the most of it.

One thing I WILL be doing, is attending Wonderfest. I'd like to get a Sunguts Shin Godzilla (they're huge). It won't ruin my trip if I don't, but I'm willing to pay a premium if I miss out.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I guess my bringing back a big Shin depends on the color and sculpt. I'm not so interested in his open mouth sculpt.

But I do love his Kumata-Kun sculpt.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Four years on and looking back at this post makes me smile.

I DID go to Japan. I did NOT bring home a Chogokin (not that first trip anyway), but I did find not one, but Two Sunguts Shin Godzillas.

As well as a vintage Bullmark of the big G himself.

I found lots of other great stuff that trip too. But I still feel that same excitement reading about my hopes for that first trip. I'm going back for my third round in April of next year. Still as excited as ever.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

………………
              Last edited by Hector; Oct 7, '23, 12:52 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

My Wife had no desire to visit Japan for fear that I would drag her to every Mandarake Toy Store in search for my Chogokin Holy Grail (mentioned on this thread). Since Popy Black Raideen has been acquired, she's all up for it. My childhood Japanese friend and his Wife have visited there recently. Now that the pressure is off, the 4 of us will go there. I can't wait. I will definitely pull a (drunken) Bill Murray/Roxy Music at the first Karaoke place.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

You're still gonna drag her to every Mandarake.

It's part of the fun.

Booking trip #3 on Monday. We'll be going in the Spring.

Photos from my last trip can be found on my instagram.

instagram.com/henshinbeat

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

……………….
                    sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

So, just booked my next trip for April.

I'm gonna be looking for a lot of the same stuff (Popy Megos, 45 records, World Heroes, Bullmarks, Chogokins, Keshi) but I have a whole list of newer stuff I'll be hunting too.

I also want some manga, and horror themed items.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎