X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
    Yes, New York Comic Con is this weekend. That's quite a distance from where I live but these two guys I know from town are actually making the trip there. I am so envious because I would love to attend a big Con like that. They're not knowledgable about Mego or into Mego, figure collecting or anything of that sort either or I would have asked them to be on the lookout for some cool finds.
    I went once. it was a total madhouse. I would never go again. people were packed in like sardines. talk about a fire hazard. most everything was ridiculously overpriced too, to cover the vendors fee for having a space there

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I went to NYCC every year since the first one until I moved to Los Angeles. It absolutely is a madhouse, but it’s run so much more smoothly now than in years before. It was crazy and crowded and expensive and smelled weird and I loved it!! I get “homesick” and wish I was there for it this week.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        I went to NYCC every year since the first one until I moved to Los Angeles. It absolutely is a madhouse, but it’s run so much more smoothly now than in years before. It was crazy and crowded and expensive and smelled weird and I loved it!! I get “homesick” and wish I was there for it this week.
        OT, but now that you are in LA, have you made it SDCC? I've only gone to Wizard World Chicago back in 2003. NYCC is close enough that I may brave it one day.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
          OT, but now that you are in LA, have you made it SDCC? I've only gone to Wizard World Chicago back in 2003. NYCC is close enough that I may brave it one day.
          No, I haven’t. I think I can get tickets thru my job, but I haven’t looked into it yet.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Got the Wave 7 figures I ordered from a seller from the Ambassadors group today.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Nice pick up, those monsters really look sweet and I especially like the card art for the Phantom.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I went once. it was a total madhouse. I would never go again. people were packed in like sardines. talk about a fire hazard. most everything was ridiculously overpriced too, to cover the vendors fee for having a space there
                I’m in NYC; so, it’s easy for me to attend, but have no interest in going again. I went once and had the same experience. It was so crowded that you could barely stop at booths. It was like visitors were cattle being herded to the stockade. A waste of money and time.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                  I’m in NYC; so, it’s easy for me to attend, but have no interest in going again. I went once and had the same experience. It was so crowded that you could barely stop at booths. It was like visitors were cattle being herded to the stockade. A waste of money and time.

- Ian
                  You just need to treat it like a mosh pit!

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I got my Megos a week or so back from Frank Wojo! Thank you, Frank!

20191004_144102.jpg

Dana
                    Last edited by danadoll; Oct 13, '19, 6:15 PM.
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

L2P has received their backorder shipment. I was billed today for all the stuff they were unable to send me on release day.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Damn I placed an order with https://atencollection.com/ and still have not heard one thing from them about my Wave 7 Horror order. Now I will have to request a refund from paypal.

Was looking on Ebay/Amazon for single Mummy & Headless Horseman and they are going for insane price for being new figures. If anybody here is a whole seller and has Wave 7 monsters contact me.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          Damn I placed an order with https://atencollection.com/ and still have not heard one thing from them about my Wave 7 Horror order. Now I will have to request a refund from paypal.

Was looking on Ebay/Amazon for single Mummy & Headless Horseman and they are going for insane price for being new figures. If anybody here is a whole seller and has Wave 7 monsters contact me.
                          The wave 7 horror set is no longer available from License-2-Play. So I think that the figures you want may only get more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎