Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Just opened my "Wrath of Khan" figures. Not sure if I'd say the wait was worth it (I'd have liked them 30-ish years ago), but I'm glad to have now! What great-looking figures! One question for everyone else who's gotten them: I'm trying to display Kirk with his jacket flap open, but it just pops closed again- - anybody have any tips on keeping it open?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by knight errant00
      I'm trying to display Kirk with his jacket flap open, but it just pops closed again- - anybody have any tips on keeping it open?
      Maybe a small piece of double sided tape?
      Fold it where you want it to be creased, and wrap something around it a few times and leave it for a few days.
      Use a little clear rubber band like the one that held Richie's jacket closed.
      A drop of hot glue, and it's permanent.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

L2P still has not received their shipment to cover the items they over sold.
        I am still waiting on TWOK and the rest of my Monsters.
        As if yesterday, they did not have an ETA still.

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Fold it where you want it to be creased, and wrap something around it a few times and leave it for a few days.
          Use a little clear rubber band like the one that held Richie's jacket closed.
          Much better! I used the little elastic holding his phaser in his belt. Thanks for the suggestion! With that and rolling up his pant legs -- a couple of quick tweaks that really complete the look -- it's a really nice figure!

IMG_20190928_225824618.jpg

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

my extra Rocky I got, to put street clothes on, the bands inside were broken so it fell apart :( Anyone word on when wave 8 is announced or arriving? I'm guessing January 2020.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

I'm waiting and trying to be patient (eek!)...I ordered from Frank. I'm so excited, though...I just want them to arrive!

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The DC figures are rumored to be out before Christmas.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

New York Comic Con is this weekend correct? maybe some reveals there, isn't Mr. Abrams from new York?

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

I received voice mail from L2P today stating they are expecting their TWOK backorders around mid-November. Dunno if that includes my Monsters assortment.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
                      I received voice mail from L2P today stating they are expecting their TWOK backorders around mid-November. Dunno if that includes my Monsters assortment.
                      They told me they are getting all of wave seven in. I don't think that includes the 14" figures, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

^^that'd be nice. I'd like to order more monsters for folks

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 5, 2018

This line sold out fast. I was going to get my daughter a Phantom, (which I found pretty easy) then went to order another horseman and boom! Sold out. Sold out. 50 on Ebay :(

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Sold out?! Cripes. I was hoping to buy them here.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 23, 2019

Yes, New York Comic Con is this weekend. That's quite a distance from where I live but these two guys I know from town are actually making the trip there. I am so envious because I would love to attend a big Con like that. They're not knowledgable about Mego or into Mego, figure collecting or anything of that sort either or I would have asked them to be on the lookout for some cool finds.
                              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Sold out?! Cripes. I was hoping to buy them here.
                                yeah, that's how I felt when L2P sent me that email in late June telling me to pre-order because they are only getting enough to fill pre-orders...I pre-ordered...annnnnnnnd then they oversold their pre-orders and i did not get all my stuff. 2nd boat is coming in November - hopefully i get my stuff. if not, I am done with L2P.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎