• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

She-Ra and Shadow Weaver Comic Con two pack

sheraweaver.JPG

Mattel's team did their usual nice work with these. They are prettier than the animation designs with very long hair and make up. Unlike the Dreamworks cartoon She-Ra does have lip color and eye shadow. Which I am again assuming is to make the dolls more appealing to the Disney Princess toy buying market. My opinion is there's probably a difference between the 25 year old Netflix demo watching the cartoon and getting children and She-Ra collectors to actually buy the toys.

She-Ra is the deluxe version of the standard release. Better fabrics, floor length metallic cape and super long hair that is nearly ankle length with strands of a kind of fiber optic looking glittery hairs mixed through. The skirt is made out of the same fabric as the original She-Ra doll which is a nice touch. This sword has glitter mixed through the blade. It's nicer looking than the regular one. I also didn't have the issue of the elbows sticking like on the other two She-Ra dolls.

Shadow Weaver is exclusive to the set. The main problem, like all the other dolls expect for She-Ra and Bow, is she is too short. Absolutely dwarfed by She-Ra. The fabrics are nice quality and the dress has that Morticia vibe going on with the little octopus like trim. The hair is very long and thickly rooted. It has a nice body and slight curl to it. Shadow Weaver as a character is supposed to float. The included stand doesn't really pull this off and she is kind of wobbly on it. She doesn't have shoes and cannot stand unassisted. I switched to a black Kaiser doll stand made for Barbies. Shadow Weaver never shows her face and the mask is unsurprisingly not removable. Her accessory is a plastic wisp of smoke which is kind of hard to get her to hold.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 3, '19, 10:31 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Seriously, the hair on the comic con She-Ra is really long. Very pretty.

sherahair.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Shadow Weaver looks more Mego size.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

My kids, who are the exact demo for this, who made me buy them every female MOTUC figure made for several years, who had custom She-Ra costumes made for Halloween five years ago cannot stand the new design.

It's another case of a studio wanting a different demo for their product.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
            My kids, who are the exact demo for this, who made me buy them every female MOTUC figure made for several years, who had custom She-Ra costumes made for Halloween five years ago cannot stand the new design.

It's another case of a studio wanting a different demo for their product.
            I think that squarely lies with Dreamworks and Netflix. Hopefully Mattel will take more creative control if there is another She-Ra reboot after this.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎