Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Series 2 Universal Monsters are here!

Series 2 Universal Monsters are here!

Super7 has done it again and I was stunned by the announcement Series 3 is already in the works!

This has to be the greatest monster packaging art ever. Even trumps the Remco Mini-Monsters for me.

Images
    Blog Entries
    They do look great but I find these things a bit overpriced for me.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Blog Entries
    I'm all in, they're gorgeous.

I recently heard that they are seriously close to another Apes wave, not sure if that's true but i trusted the source,

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I'm all in, they're gorgeous.

I recently heard that they are seriously close to another Apes wave, not sure if that's true but i trusted the source,
    It is true...I've messaged back and forth with Ed Repka, who paints the card backs. He's working on them now.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I like these, I was a little surprised at no-cape Phantom and another Creech, but they all look good. As noted, who can beat these cards?

I'm already wondering about wave 3 lol:

*Son of Frankenstein
    *Hunchback of Notre Dame
    *Mr. Hyde
    *The Creeper
    *The Ape Woman--she finally deserves a nod
    *Daughter or Son of Dracula

I'm sure we'll see a variant mummy, Ardeth Bey, or The Creature Walks Among Us, but I advocate variety.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '19 at 8:31 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Has availability been announced?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Has availability been announced?
    Series two ships September 21st.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! I bought an extra Red Death, but otherwise I'm keeping these carded and opening my Funko versions.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '19 at 8:50 AM.

They did more/cool/monsterific re-packaging recently at SDCC too… quite a good run they have cookin'!

It's Ed's work really makes these and the Apes special and it's great that the S7 team values the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    They did more/cool/monsterific re-packaging recently at SDCC too… quite a good run they have cookin'!

It's Ed's work really makes these and the Apes special and it's great that the S7 team values the art.
    Absolutely! I was lucky enough to get a set of the signed lithos from last year. I got matching set #2.
    When I saw them I had to have them. Probably spent more than I should have but they are just so gorgeous.