X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Series 2 Universal Monsters are here!

Super7 has done it again and I was stunned by the announcement Series 3 is already in the works!

This has to be the greatest monster packaging art ever. Even trumps the Remco Mini-Monsters for me.

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

They do look great but I find these things a bit overpriced for me.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm all in, they're gorgeous.

I recently heard that they are seriously close to another Apes wave, not sure if that's true but i trusted the source,
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
        I'm all in, they're gorgeous.

I recently heard that they are seriously close to another Apes wave, not sure if that's true but i trusted the source,
        It is true...I've messaged back and forth with Ed Repka, who paints the card backs. He's working on them now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, I was a little surprised at no-cape Phantom and another Creech, but they all look good. As noted, who can beat these cards?

I'm already wondering about wave 3 lol:

*Son of Frankenstein
          *Hunchback of Notre Dame
          *Mr. Hyde
          *The Creeper
          *The Ape Woman--she finally deserves a nod
          *Daughter or Son of Dracula

I'm sure we'll see a variant mummy, Ardeth Bey, or The Creature Walks Among Us, but I advocate variety.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '19, 8:31 AM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Has availability been announced?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Has availability been announced?
              Series two ships September 21st.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks! I bought an extra Red Death, but otherwise I'm keeping these carded and opening my Funko versions.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '19, 8:50 AM.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

They did more/cool/monsterific re-packaging recently at SDCC too… quite a good run they have cookin'!

It's Ed's work really makes these and the Apes special and it's great that the S7 team values the art.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Confessional
                    They did more/cool/monsterific re-packaging recently at SDCC too… quite a good run they have cookin'!

It's Ed's work really makes these and the Apes special and it's great that the S7 team values the art.
                    Absolutely! I was lucky enough to get a set of the signed lithos from last year. I got matching set #2.
                    When I saw them I had to have them. Probably spent more than I should have but they are just so gorgeous.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Those all look really nice. Super7 does their best work in the Reaction style.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

The card art is fantastic, wish we could see the backs too. I hope my local comic shop gets these since they had the first wave for sale.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I gotta get Drac, Frank and the Bride for sure. I was lucky enough to get my carded Creech from Series 1 signed by Ricou Browning himself!

Also nice to see Lugosi's likeness used here. And note the "Bela Lugosi as Dracula" title. Bela Jr. wins again!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

I wish they had more articulation for their price point, though. I'm going to pass, until they offer some newer characters...well, if they do.

Dana
                            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

These are gorgeous but my local comic shop sells these for $25 a pop which I can’t justify for a 3 3/4”.
                              I’ll pay fifteen tops.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎