Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Very Brady Renovation

Images
    The first episode was a lot of fun. I look forward to the rest of the series and renovation. It’s in my wheelhouse and therefore it’s endlessly fascinating.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Itís fun.

But...

A couple of gripes.

They all trying to make perfection, trying to match fantasy and reality. From the exact color of the house. Trying to match the staircase. Dinning table. Front window, etc.

But the front door? Complete mismatch. Different pattern, different color.

Also, the entrance, living room, kitchen..thatís the iconic part of the house. Itís the pinnacle. The zenith. You just canít top that, period.

Next episodes will not remotely rival the first episode. Master bedroom? Kids bedrooms? Attic placed on basement?

Not the same impact...

Quote Originally Posted by MegoMonk View Post
    I thought it was great, as did my wife. Did anyone notice Eve Plumb and Maureen McCormack barely acknowledged each other? They supposedly had a falling out years ago when Maureen said somewhere that they fooled around with each other. Eve denies that.
    Eve is the Brady kid who seemed to have the most resentment over the shadow that role cast over her career.

Eve Plumb is arguable the best actress of the bunch...her later acting roles reflect that...
    Last edited by Hector; Sep 10, '19 at 11:27 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    A couple of gripes.
    It's funny the stupid little detail that bothered me was in the colored plastic rectangles above the staircase-

Well, bothered is too strong of word. Let's say "noticed." I realize its absolutely impossible to recreate the place exactly. I'm quite impressed with how close they did come.

They used smooth colored plastic to replace, but the original had that textured surface so popular in the 60's and 70's. I guess I was disappointed because the textured versions that served as room dividers or highlights in other furniture just ooze 70's. We had them in the little sliding doors of our Spanish style dark wood coffee table and matching wrought metal lamps.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    With the second episode, it just got better. I’m truly enjoying it and am happy to know that this is the fate of the home. A fan of the show couldn’t hope for any better, I think.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Watched the first couple eps last night. One thing that I never heard an explanation of.. HOW was that house originally chosen as the house to use for exterior shots? There seemed to be no connection between the family that owned it (the same family owned it all these years, right?) and the show producers. Did the show just randomly choose it and then ask the familiar for permission? Or did they not even have to ask?

Just curious.