X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Matchbox MAC lot- After my video this week, I got really interested in MAC toys on eBay despite the fact that I try to only buy them in the wild. So here is a really great starter lot that will likely go very cheap.

AHI Batman Road Race Set- AHI did more than rack toys with Batman, they also did some pricier items, though I wouldn't be generous about the quality. Take this Batman road racing set, it's full of cool little easter eggs and the cards are adorable. I owned one of these for a time just so i could photograph it!

Monster Vending Machine header cards- I never search for vending machine header cards because I could easily become obsessed with them and yeah, look at how cool these things are! Looking at these things is such a gut-punch of childhood, it's unfiltered and amazing.

View-Master Good Guys Gift Pack- Some kid brought this into kindergarton and I remember desperately wanting this afterward, which made no sense because I had half of the reels already, my dad sold viewmasters at the time. I blame the beautiful orange package with superheroes...

Sealed Case of Space:1999 gum cards: I'm not justifying the pricing on this but i love the box litho on this very much. I had an empty one some time ago but a flood took care of that. I don't think Space:1999 gum cards sold very well, collecting in the 1980s I ran into sealed boxes everywhere.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome stuff! I had that View Master Good Guys pack, even though I also had most of the reels individually. I think I got the gift pack for Christmas. I remember I kept that canister for a long time. Wish I still had it!

Some of the cardboard standees in the Batman race set look a lot like Ideal's Batman play set. Both Mego and AHI got a lot of mileage out of that Murphy Anderson art.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

LOVE vintage vending!… there's lots of supercool monster/bug/halloween/kong/apes stuff out there; certain rabbit holes of fun doom!

That said I reconditioned a nice 70s machine a couple years back and plan on filling it with creaturific art toys and vintage bits at events. It will have a custom header inspired by the creepy genre too.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Love the Batman road racing set, never knew that exsisted.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

I had gotten that Viewmaster set for Christmas when I was very young, though it had a red and white Viewmaster not brown, and that was in many ways my introduction to super-heroes in a big way.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Still have my View-Master Good Guys gift pak... (yeah, my viewer was red and white, too.)
            (Also still have the Marvel All-Star gift pak.)
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Love the MAC stuff. It's right up my alley and was all those years ago.

I think the Batman road racing set box is great. Love that View-Master set as well.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by RSS
                I never search for vending machine header cards because I could easily become obsessed with them and yeah,
                First I never even knew there was such a thing!
                Let alone think about searching for them.
                But after seeing that, I could easily become obsessed with finding some really cool ones to display.
                Will have to wait until I have a bit more disposable income though.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎