• Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Claude (Speed?), from GTA III

Nothing is known about Claude's life.
    Rockstar Games, however, has stated that by 2001,
    Claude is definitely a drifter, probably from the west coast,
    new to Liberty City, with no known family and that his surname may or may not be Speed.

Hey again, everybody! While in the final stages of wrapping up my custom Frodo Baggins figure, I was interested in doing a custom that I thought was a little different than most.
    I've always been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games, and felt like the characters of the series would make for great action figures.
    Problem is, this was non-existent--outside of an Über-expensive collectible figure of Claude from the 10th anniversary re-release of GTA III.

Claude, like my other figures, features a 3D-printed head sculpt with paints by yours truly, for once (Abby's not quite as big a fan of GTA as I, so I took this one into my own hands--however shaky they may be )

He also features his signature baseball bat and a pistol--all 3D-printed and representative of their in-game appearances!

Finally, most of his clothing includes pieces from CTVT (jacket, shoes)--save for the undershirt and pants, which were hand-sewn by myself this time

I had a blast putting this guy together, and would love to hear some feedback on him! I'd also love to know if you think the remaining 2 protagonists of the 3D universe, Tommy Vercetti and Carl Johnson, have an audience in the wings...

Cheers!
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Looks great and like the game, good job!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 18, 2015

Did you use the original game models for the 3D prints?
      The hands that grip.

Comment

• Beatlemania
        • Sep 28, 2014

I initially wanted to for accuracy, but given that the game was released in 2001, the fidelity of the models was less than optimal (most of the detail work is not in the model, but the textures). With that, all of the models (head and weapons) were created from scratch.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by Beatlemania
          I initially wanted to for accuracy, but given that the game was released in 2001, the fidelity of the models was less than optimal (most of the detail work is not in the model, but the textures). With that, all of the models (head and weapons) were created from scratch.
          Well, then you did a good job recreating the character's face.
          The hands that grip.

Comment

• Beatlemania
            • Sep 28, 2014

Thank you, KungFu!
            It took a few tries to get it close, but I see it paid off

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎