X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Custom Ronnie LaRocque

Here is my latest custom... it's a custom Ronnie LaRocque figure. How does he look?

Last edited by TheVintageToyKid; Sep 4, '19, 11:59 AM.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

No love for Ronnie?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Who is Ronnie?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

The action figure in my photo. It's a custom Mego of Ronnie LaRocque.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

and no one knows who that is.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

Whatever. I still think it's a cool looking figure. I thought it would be nice to share here, but oh well.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Well, I asked a serious question, and you gave an answer like you think I'm stupid or something. Thanks for that...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

it'd go over better if you explained who this is, no one will recognize this person.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

maybe its the guy that turns the stop/slow sign for road work?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

LonnieFisher, I did not mean to answer in a way that hurt your feelings. Ronnie LaRocque is a character I created... I collect action figures and recently got into making customs, but rather than always make customs of existing characters I sometimes try to come up with my own. Ronnie is sort of a harmless town drunk type figure one would always see roaming the streets of their small town. A real character who has had a tough life, but is good person when people get to know him.

I posted the photo here in the hopes of getting an honest response/reaction to how the figure looks. I think back to the first time I saw He-Man in a 1981 toy commercial. I had no idea who He-Man was at the time, but I still thought he looked cool.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm curious about the figure's head, is it 3D printed? I've wondered about that technique.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

The head looks like one from http://www.myfaceonafigure.com/purchaseheads.aspx.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

Yes, I purchased the head from them, using my friend's image as the template and together we came up with this character. We purchased the body and clothes from CTVT and, once it was all put together, we thought he turned out pretty good. I'm very new at customizing so I don't have any special skills or techniques yet, but I'm trying to learn and would like to do more when time allows. I was unaware of the protocol for posting ReMego figures, so if I post another custom in the future I will be sure to explain how it was created and, if it's an imagined character, I will provide some backstory on him.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎