X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dungeon Adventure Game!

While I never dug D&D, I probably would have enjoyed this board game version from TSR. I love the wholesome 80s looking family up there, considering TSR was beleaguered with negative press during this period, it's almost ironic....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

What you don't know is that little girl, inspired this devil-worshiping board, would kill her entire family that evening. She eluded police for weeks in the sewers of her town, subsisting on flushed alligators and boiled sewer water.

I didn't know TSR made board games. I did dabble in D&D a few times. Worrying he would look silly trying to Dungeon Master in front his nerd clan (seriously), my brother convinced me to be a one-person adventure party and explore the dungeon he created by paying $10 an hour! I didn't tell him I really liked playing so he'd continue paying me for 2-hour sessions.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

I think that's the board game I played a lot as a kid. I would have to see more of the playing cards.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

My folks picked that up for me thinking it was the D&D I kept talking about. Their hearts were in the right place and I appreciated the gesture, but NO one was going to play that with me when D&D and Tunnels and Trolls was all the rage.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I didn't have Dungeon, but in high school, some friends and I had a blast with Hero Quest!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

It's D&D compressed down to a 20 minute competitive dungeon crawl with a risk vs reward type of gameplay. Do you play it safe at the upper levels of the dungeon fighting weaker monsters and slowly building up a collection of less valuable treasure or do you risk fighting tough monsters in the lower levels for more valuable prizes? It's a really good game and lot of fun.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I didn't have Dungeon, but in high school, some friends and I had a blast with Hero Quest!

Chris
              Hero Quest was an awesome game.

This retrospective/review of it is so entertaining:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I was big into D&D (still am) and had the Dungeon board game (got it and Dark Tower the same Christmas). It was a game I could get family and friends (i.e. non-D&D friends) to play when they wouldn't go near a tabletop rpg for fear of looking too geeky. Playd it a lot, but not as much as Dark Tower. We did sometimes replace the tokens from the game with the lead miniatures I had for D&D though.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Klosterheim
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 23, 2013

Dungeon! is really cool.

I have an early 1990's version.

The game is a lot of fun!, and I like the character game pieces.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
                    I did dabble in D&D a few times. Worrying he would look silly trying to Dungeon Master in front his nerd clan (seriously), my brother convinced me to be a one-person adventure party and explore the dungeon he created by paying $10 an hour! I didn't tell him I really liked playing so he'd continue paying me for 2-hour sessions.
                    There's a term for that arrangement and it's not "sibling rivalry."
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                      I have an early 1990's version.
                      Ah, the New Dungeon. Really nice version. That's the one with the figural minis instead of generic pawns.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 27, 2009

This game is in print NOW:

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Coast.../dp/0786962984

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎