X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
    I love the fact that an incredible talent like Frank Langella doesn't act like the role of Skeletor was beneath him, and isn't embarrassed by it.

Such a class act.
    I'll say it: Because he was AMAZING as Skeletor. No, he wasn't the TV Skeletor, but he was a grand and operatic villain --basically Darkseid (in the truest take on Kirby's master villain we'll never see!) -- and if the movie had been better, his performance would be remembered alongside greats like Darth Vader.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I recall Gahan Wilson saying decades ago in Twilight Zone magazine that the MOTU movie was a better adaptation of Kirby's Fourth World than of its toy origins.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by knight errant00
        I'll say it: Because he was AMAZING as Skeletor. No, he wasn't the TV Skeletor, but he was a grand and operatic villain --basically Darkseid (in the truest take on Kirby's master villain we'll never see!) -- and if the movie had been better, his performance would be remembered alongside greats like Darth Vader.
        I agree 100% Langella steals the film and IMO is one of the greatest cinematic villains of all time. I painted a portrait of him several years ago...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

The documentary is very good, certainly worth watching.

And yes, Langella was great as Skeletor... the highlight of the movie.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

36 years ago today the Masters of the Universe cartoon premiered.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎