• Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Power of Grayskull the Definitive History of He-Man now on DVD

Finally on DVD.

Review.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Nice guess I will have to add this to my collection.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Groups were up in arms over show just for the name and Skeletor is still one of Frank Langella's favorite roles.

Amazon link

Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 3, '19, 11:48 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I swear I saw this already was it on Netflix prior?
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I love the fact that an incredible talent like Frank Langella doesn't act like the role of Skeletor was beneath him, and isn't embarrassed by it.

Such a class act.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            I swear I saw this already was it on Netflix prior?
            Yes, it's already been on Netflix. This is the first time it has been available on DVD. It will also be available as a bonus feature on the He-Man and She-Ra complete series DVD box sets next month.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
              It will also be available as a bonus feature on the He-Man and She-Ra complete series DVD box sets next month.
              Awesome! I just wasted $15...LOL

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I watched it on Netflix. Great documentary, and I appreciated the approach more than The Toys That Made Us episode. I like that series overall, but I don't care for how they like to make the folks on camera seem stupid just to get a laugh. See Marty Abrams, and that poor guy in the Lego video who seemed to be insanely obsessed with "the system" due to editing.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I watched it on Netflix. Great documentary, and I appreciated the approach more than The Toys That Made Us episode. I like that series overall, but I don't care for how they like to make the folks on camera seem stupid just to get a laugh. See Marty Abrams, and that poor guy in the Lego video who seemed to be insanely obsessed with "the system" due to editing.
                  It can get too snarky for its own good, someone i know actually asked me "Do they like toys or is this all a joke to them?".

I think I read that Roger Sweet was very upset at his portrayal and well, they make him a weirdo.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I think they are trying too hard to be cheeky. A little more sincerity would be appreciated by me. I feel sorry for Hello, Kitty fans. I finally watched that episode with my daughter, and it seemed pretty culturally insensitive in spots, and I'm not usually one to jump to that very quickly.

Overall, I'm glad it's out there, and look forward to more, but I wish they took a slightly more reverent approach. I know they are only toys, but any subject worth devoting that time to is worth taking at least a little seriously.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I haven't seen it yet so I am glad to hear it is more respectful than The Toys That Made Us. It's okay to genuinely like something. Not everything has to be viewed through the lens of hipster irony.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

It's okay to genuinely like something. Not everything has to be viewed through the lens of hipster irony.
                        THIS!!!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          I love the fact that an incredible talent like Frank Langella doesn't act like the role of Skeletor was beneath him, and isn't embarrassed by it.

Such a class act.
                          I agree. I admire and enjoy character actors for that. You see it in Price's work, too.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            You see it in Price's work, too.
                            Totally agree on Price. He was always a class act.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

It's okay to genuinely like something. Not everything has to be viewed through the lens of hipster irony.
                              Exactly, let the love flow through, have fun but don't be a knob about it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎