X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

cereal superhero mini comic books

Published in 1980 as a cereal box giveaway item from Post Cereals.
    A Super Sugar Crisp cereal premium.

I remember on a Saturday morning eating a box of super sugar crisp and in the Box containing the mini comic "Terra man Skyway robbery". While I was eating the cereal, at the same time I was reading the comic. I was so fascinated with that comic that within a week, I begged my mom to buy another box of super sugar crisp. The next comic was "Secrets of the Sinister Lighthouse" I immediately fell in love with those mini comics. About 1997 or so a friend/relative/idiot who has anger issues convinced me (over a 12 pack of beer) to get rid of some of my childhood comics because he felt it looked to childish. So being a bit tipsy I tossed them out. About 6 years later I ended up buying most of them back for about $40 to $50 bucks each!!! What a lesson!!!

sigpic
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I have some mini-comics in my collection (somewhere) but they're not from Post cereals. I think they may have been included in boxes of snack cakes, maybe Hostess. I loved getting these as a kid. I always felt I was getting some free, bonus hero stories.

I completely relate to choosing my sweetened cereal according to the prize that came with it. I loved so many of those sugary cereals, it was the prize that ultimately decided which was bought.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• glimpy
      Loco Chango
      • Feb 5, 2012

I was actually thinking about buying a box of Captain Crunch n berries and slapping on some old 70s Saturday morning cartoons!!! Whip out some comics catch up on my reading I have tons of comics that I never even read yet. About 15-20 years ago my room looked like a freaking Warehouse.
      sigpic

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
        Youngest Mego Fan
        • Aug 30, 2019

Originally posted by glimpy
        I was actually thinking about buying a box of Captain Crunch n berries and slapping on some old 70s Saturday morning cartoons!!! Whip out some comics catch up on my reading I have tons of comics that I never even read yet. About 15-20 years ago my room looked like a freaking Warehouse.
        Super Friends and Birdman, right?
        FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• glimpy
          Loco Chango
          • Feb 5, 2012

The Super Friends were my favorite. And still are. And then probably Scooby-Doo.
          sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Loved these as a kid.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I have the light house one.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                Youngest Mego Fan
                • Aug 30, 2019

Seanbaby does an excellent riff on these kinds of comics. I think they were the Hostess ones? TOO FUNNY.
                FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎