• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Doctor Sleep

this looks like it's going to be good
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

The book was good. Like old times stephen king good. And the cameo at the end was awesome.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

An added bonus is this was directed by Mike Flanagan who brought "THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE" to such vivid life on NETFLIX. If you haven't had a chance to watch it, I suggest you check it out.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
        The book was good. Like old times stephen king good. And the cameo at the end was awesome.
        I appreciate you commenting on the book. I have to admit, when I saw this trailer in the theater, I wondered if it was just a cash grab by King. Its good to hear that it stands on its own merit.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, the book was really good and it also tied into the Dark Tower series. this movie though looks like a sequel to Kubrics version of the Shining, which is okay as that is a classic movie. Even if it is not book accurate in many ways

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

just about everything has tied into his Dark Tower series in one way or another. This one had the least of the pocket universe stuff he has been doing for the last several years though.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎