Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Hose replacement/customizing for action fiugres.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Cheap Hose replacement/customizing for action fiugres.

Hello, Not sure if I shared this in the past. For a cheap hose replacement for scuba tanks or odd electrical wiring. I head to the local dollar store and grab a pair of cheapo ear buds or a USB cable. Recently I had purchased a Vintage GI Joe solar communicator. (You know the flat square radio panel with the 2 connectable solar panels. It was missing the black length of house/wire
    7314.jpg
    For this I used a small section of earphone cord due to the cables narrow diameter. I also easily stripped out the wiring inside with pliers so as the black tube would flex more easier.
    For scuba tanks I use the USB cable and strip out the wires as well (Its easy.) The modern USB cable is just about the same diameter as the original hose and fits most vintage scuba tanks like GI Joe, Big Jib and the one for Action Jackson. I have seen USB cables in many different colors at the dollar store so if its an issue of not being the Original color you can get close.
    Personally I prefer the flat black cables as it look more "Real World" Like the real life rubber hose you would find on a real Scuba Tank.
    Have fun!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, great tips.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎