X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

AHI Sky Diving Parachuting Penguin- It should come as no shock that i love rack toys and especially ones with parachutes. The Penguin is actually a lot tougher to find than Batman and I really like the way the figure looks.

Planet of the Apes Puzzle- Not much vintage merch features Charlton Heston but come on, that's totally him!

Star Trek The Motion Picture Stickers from Australia- I love stuff that features the aliens and this set has a bunch of weird ones that are barely a glimmer in the film itself.

Knock Off Jaws key chains- I miss seeing stuff like this in shops, these little sharks even saw "JAWS" on them.

He-Man Annual from the UK- I love British hardcover annuals and avidly collect them, this one caught my eye, I'm not a big MOTU guy but this one mainly just features pictures of the toys themselves and it's that early era before the cartoon, it's really funky.

And finally, from my pal David Lockwood, this:

Whistling Dracula Teeth- David pointed out that the Dracula on the card looks like Liberace and well, I can't unsee it now.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have a loose Penguin with repro 'chute, but that card is spiffy.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Those STTMP cards reminded me how bad those aliens looked. My guess is they were originally intended for brief glimpses in crowd scenes and only from a distance. But they all ended up in big clear photos in story books, trading cards and promo stills. I remember the Topps cards had loads of them and yeah they looked cheap.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I have never seen the AHI Penguin package that close. Now I see they lifted the art from Ideal's Batman and Robin playset, which also influenced Mego in many ways!

Liberace would have made a great Dracula in some skit on Carol Burnett or something. Those teeth aren't exactly fangs either!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Love the Penguin. Had him as a very young kid. I vividly remember learning the words "polka dots" because of his parachute.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I have a loose Penguin with repro 'chute, but that card is spiffy.
            What are you parachuting away from, huh pal?

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

I had that MOTU annual, but I can't remember what happened to it.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                What are you parachuting away from, huh pal?

- Ian
                Egad, so many, many things.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Parachute Penguin is pretty awesome, something I would have liked back in the day, heck I like it now.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Egad, so many, many things.
                    As I figured!

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      Those STTMP cards reminded me how bad those aliens looked. My guess is they were originally intended for brief glimpses in crowd scenes and only from a distance. But they all ended up in big clear photos in story books, trading cards and promo stills. I remember the Topps cards had loads of them and yeah they looked cheap.
                      The one with the ventilator looks like a sex toy.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎