Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another interesting idea

'KRP and Kotter are just as memorable as The Facts of Life and that show got some recent Mego figures.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVintageToyKid View Post
    'KRP and Kotter are just as memorable as The Facts of Life and that show got some recent Mego figures.
    and those languished on the shelves while Kiss, Trek and Monsters sold.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

The Facts of Life, along with Cheers, Happy Days, etc., were not big sellers. I agree that WKRP and Kotter are on par with Facts of Life and therefore wouldn’t be a big seller either.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Ok, what about Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey from Death Wish?

Images
    "As god as my witness I thought turkeys could fly."

Great show but, yeah, the figures would not sell.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I would love a Charles Bronson mego, along with Robert De Niro Taxi Driver.

Way more likely!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Ok, what about a Kirk Douglas collection? Three Kirk Douglas figures, one from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, one from Spartacus and one from The Vikings (complete with scar and white eye).

I wonder if a famous TV show characters line would work. One or two characters from classic tv shows. Characters like Archie Bunker, Fred Sanford, Andy Taylor and Barney Fife, Beaver and Wally Cleaver and maybe Eddie Haskell, Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton. Those are just some that come immediately to mind. A MEGO Sergeant Ernie Bilko would be cool but I doubt he'd sell very well.

Great idea... even a Mego Dr. Johnny Fever and Venus Flytrap if they don't want to do the entire WKRP cast. I also agree Archie Bunker would be great, as well as Kramer from Seinfeld.