Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

One thing confused me about the live movie. How could Prince Baron be the rightful heir if Princess Ardala was Ming’s daughter?
    JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps Ming, as despot, usurped the throne. Perhaps the title of "Emperor" isn't heritable by women.

And, Ming isn't exactly caring or equitable.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

That’s true. He certainly didn’t have much fatherly affection for his daughter.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Unpopular opinion? Seems everyone here agrees- the movie was good but the cartoon was better. Even as a kid, I remember being so impressed with the animation.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I prefer the Filmation series over the movie.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Although I had some of the figures, I did not watch the cartoon when I was young. I tried to watch it as an adult and I feel kinda bad, but I couldn't get into it.

The movie is sublime for me. Wickedly subversive, ridiculously colorful, two scores, wall to wall action. Unpopular opinion, indeed. The movie wins for me.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I've never seen the Filmation series but did have a few of the action figures

I had a mail-away box of 3 …. Had Prince Thun but forgot the other 2

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

The Flash Gordon movie was the 80's version of The Wizard of Oz, beginning in black and white/grayscale to represent the real world and changing to color, and not just ordinary color but bright, vibrant color to represent the fantasy world. This is the point, to escape reality in a grand way. This is why I love this movie. I never saw the cartoon. I collect action figures and I love Mattel's Flash Gordon figures, but for decades the were the only Flash Gordon figures being done, but they are also really good figures. They are just an incomplete line of figures. Now we have figures based on the movie, FINALLY, and also an incomplete line of figures. The good news is that these two lines are reasonably compatible. Now we just need to finish one of these lines and add some vehicles and playsets. A Rocketcycle at the very least.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I also like Biff Bang Pow's 3 3/4 retro figures. Would've loved to see more characters. They're fun.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎