X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Starsky jacket

I know the Mego David Starsky figure never came with a jacket – only his black/dark blue sweater – and since the character's more memorable and eloquently '70s knitted sweater has yet, to my knowledge, to be realized in the 8" scale, I thought I would add to my Starsky figure by purchasing a brown leather jacket for him from CTVT. The jacket looks great and is a nice addition to this classic figure. Unfortunately, the jacket I received had a tear in it when it arrived and is currently in the process of being replaced.

Just throwing this idea out there to any Starsky and Hutch fans/collectors. It really does add a lot to the figure.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

post a picture so we can see how it looks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

CTVT has so much great stuff for customs. I'm not familiar with the show but your idea sounds good.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I once had Starsky in the brown leather jacket and Hutch in a letterman jacket, and gave them over the shoulder holsters from the AJ secret agent sets with walkie talkies, believe me it made a difference and I was happy with the results, also gave Capt Dobey a brown three piece suit.

Comment

• Emgee
          • May 5, 2009

As a kid in the '70s Starsky without a jacket bugged me so I used a JOHNNIE JACKSON biker jacket. Not spot on of course but always made me think he looked better. Used the JJ (AJ) Spy set pistol too. Sanded down a LONE RANGER pistol to look like a Magnum for Hutch too. Customising, of a sort, even back then.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

I'm at work right now, but I will take a photo of my Starsky with his jacket later and post it here first chance I can get.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

You're probably better off finding a brown leather jacket in the Bratz or Monster High stuff in the doll section on Ebay. Scale is just about the same as Mego. CTVT stuff is just absolute junk in my opinion.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                Career Member
                • Jul 23, 2019

My replacement Starsky jacket arrived today and, as promised, here is a photo. I could tell this jacket was also very fragile, so I took extra care when putting it on the figure. Hopefully it holds up.

Starsky.jpg

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

Guess what? The photo of Starsky in his new jacket was taken as soon as I put it on him this afternoon.
                  After retiring tonight to check on him (he never move from the shelf), his jacket is strting to tear again. FTC is starting to tick me off.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                    Guess what? ... FTC is starting to tick me off.
                    I feel your pain, many here have been in your shoes.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 10, '19, 4:48 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Don't buy cheap pleather goods stored in Florida, its a death sentence for them.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Those jackets both suck and blow, unfortunately.

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎