Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Apparently the 2 movies on the Marquee were released in 1981. I liked that Millers DKR also had the Wayne's attached after leaving a Zorro movie...

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Joker got 11 Oscar noms, including Actor, Director, and Best Picture.

I saw it a few days ago and can understand Phoenix being nominated, but overall the film never won me over.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I thought it was a well done movie and performance but I never need to watch it again.

Ironically, I've seen Catwoman (also starring Frances Conroy) four times and will likely watch it again.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Phoenix was great. Can't say enough about his performance, but it was hard to watch a person's life come apart like that. And it was hard to sympathize with his actions even though he was acting out against goons and abusers. It gave me a lot to think about, but it's not a movie I see myself watching multiple times even though I am glad I caught it in the theater.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            I thought it was a well done movie and performance but I never need to watch it again.

Ironically, I've seen Catwoman (also starring Frances Conroy) four times and will likely watch it again.
            I think you and I were separated at birth.

Yes, I also thought Joker was well done...but found the movie extremely depressing (in a good way). While a great movie, it’s not a movie I want to see again and again. Other great depressing movies, Taxi Driver and Deer Hunter...but don’t wanna see them again, ha.

Frances Conroy...she was fantastic in Six Feet Under. And yes, I’ve seen Catwoman many times...as it’s silly and high camp (like Flash Gordon)...and never get tired of Halle Berry in that outfit...MEOW!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎