X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

My poor custome Mego

Recently I received a custom head for an 8" figure from My Face on a Figure... I attached it to an 8" male body from CTVT, but the poor guy just hasn't held up. The head was crafted with a pair of glasses (it's based off my friend who wears glasses), but his body came with two left feet and what appeared to be really loose ankle and/or knee joints. Needless to say, he had trouble standing up and yesterday he fell down and his glasses broke apart... they just crumbled, which is a real downer considering how cool the figure looked.

I have since ordered a pair of eyeglasses from CTVT. I doubt they will look as good, but it's all I can do. I'm thinking I should also get him a new body so he will hopefully stand up better. Anyone else ever have a problem with loose joints on your CTVT bodies and, if so, what is a good solution for tightening them up?

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The CTVT bodies tend to have a lot of issues, better off with a new or vintage Mego, Doc Mego or Castaway body. Contact CTVT, they are usually ok with replacing stuff.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks! Also I've noticed with some of the CTVT bodies I have purchased (more so the smaller, "teen" bodies), the arms tend to have a mind of their own and won't stay in place when I attempt to pose them. What cold be causing this?
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

too tight bands, all of the figures suffer from that and they don't seem to want to correct it.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Sometimes, CTVT will pre-break your replacement parts. It's a method of customer desensitization.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎