X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Star Wars trilogy movies on single Blu Rays September 22

I would not hold my breath on theatrical cuts. Star Wars not being tinted pink would be nice though. My guess is these are the same old transfers. On the upside you no longer have to buy them as boxed sets.

Star Wars DVD listing

Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 25, '19, 11:36 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I would not hold my breath on theatrical cuts. Star Wars not being tinted pink would be nice though. [/url]
    Star Wars is a great modern example of the Ship of Theseus

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

These will not be the theatrical cuts. I think it's a cash grab for the new film, and to get digital copies available with the discs. But, I still hear rumors...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I think something's coming. Why else would Disney go back and use the original Star Wars logo in that timeline they just unveiled?

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
          But, I still hear rumors...
          The uber three trilogy box set rumors or the 4K rumors?

I agree the September releases will be nothing more than one last cash grab for their aged transfers. It would be nice if they were at least color corrected but I would be shocked if they did.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

They have the digital code, which is good.

I don't know if the other ones had that.

A great time for me to buy each Blu-ray prequel movie!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

These are supposed to come out Sunday. You'd think Disney would like to hype the releases a little. There's nothing as of now. No preview copies sent out for review. No mention of bonus features. No store listings. Nothing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

The blu rays are out. Anyone pick it up to see if it's different from the old Fox Blu Rays?

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I thought they were suppose to be in stores today?
                  Last edited by phil; Sep 26, '19, 9:39 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
                    I thought they were suppose to be in stores today?
                    They were released days ago and can be ordered online if you can't find them locally.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

I was more curious than anything else. I thought it was odd that my local Walmart didn't have them and still doesn't.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

I noticed that the streaming ones use the new Blu-ray covers.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎