X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Star Trek Transporter Room by Palitoy

This week’s Vintage Mego segment looks at the UK exclusive Star Trek Transporter Room toy, we also talk about Palitoy Bradgate’s relationship with the product and pontificate about why the toy was released in this fashion. This video was created by Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Visit the Mego Museum Buck Rogers Galleries: Buck Rogers 3 3/4″…

More...
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

Interesting. Video.very good..thanks for sharing

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Yet another super interesting video, Brian! I wish there were an in-person show and tell with these pieces.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Another great one. I'm glad you mentioned The Big Bang Theory. I know a lot of folks in our hobbies hated that show, but I never got my feathers ruffled by it. The Transporter episode with Nimoy was a fun one.

I wonder why Mego never thought to sell this separately here? Didn't want to cannibalize sales of the Enterprise set?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Gabriel
          • Aug 23, 2019

I had recalled reading somewhere in the 80s about how the Mego Transporter was sold separately. I hadn't known that it had only been sold separately outside the US.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Thanks for the info on Palitoy's relationship with Mego. I eat that type of stuff up.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a great fan of Palitoy's innovative toys and packaging. What they also did for GI Joe/Action Man was brilliant. Thanks again, this was a very good video.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Great video and wishing I had this in my collection, I've seen it on ebay and made bids on it but came up a bit short, haven't seen it recently, but hopefully another will pop up in good condition at some point.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎